Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Hump Day Holla

Y'ALL! How long HAS it been since the last Hump Day Holla?? I know, I have missed it too. And to make sure this one has just the right touch of some-in-some-in, I decided to have a little cocktail while writing:


Ok, WHY did none of you tell me how good Guinness was?? Yeah, it's pretty yummers. Like beer-coffee if that makes sense. You know. Dark and bitter. LOVES for a mainstream beer. Next, I have to try a black & tan. But, I will admit, that shizz on the front is correct--the stouter the beer, the colder it must be served. And that weird little plastic "rocket" inside sorta freaked me out--I thought I was gonna get to sue the first time. I was like "holy shit, they left some foreign plastic object in my beer!"

So, let's see, yesterday was pretty busy. Lots of things perking for the Bunny, but unfortch, nothing is coming out the oven yet. Everything is still half baked, if you get my culinary alliterative drift. Anywho, last night, the hubs brought home our repainted rocker from work--look:


I bought this rocker years ago--pre-marriage--at a flea market. It is well made and sturdy and awesome. I also painted it white over about 1 million other layers of paint. So the hub's boss stripped it, painted it olive, and crackled it. It looks super-duper in our new rooms.

I also got my new eye glasses yesterday. About a year ago, I ordered some glasses off the Internets. Big mistake. I totally 'effed up the prescrip, so I had new lenses put in the frames. Then, last week, the frames broke. Sigh. Oh well, lesson learned there. I will take a photo later and post so you can see. You know, when I have on some makeup. Cause the Bunny is vain.

So, today, we got two free gifts in the mail, both doggie related. The first was this:


This is called the Pet Loo. It's a indoor backyard. So your pet can pee on it inside. It's this big plastic pan, covered in astroturf. Who the hell comes up with this shizz, you say? Well, actually, an Australian vet. Those crazy Aussies! Don't know if we can get the girls on board with this, but it would be great. Right now, I have to worry about where to store the dang thing. With Savannah's recent issues, however, this might come in handy. Next was this:


Y'all. This canvas portrait made from a photo of the girls is super-duper. We are going to hang in a place of prominence at Casa Bunny. No lie.

What I'm Cooking:
Last night I went to Bobs for Mexican and margaritas and AI watching. Bobs made some fabulous home-concocted mango margaritas--and he took a photo--but HE DID NOT SEND IT TO ME. BOBS. Wake up. Well, they were scrumptious and you will have to imagine how pretty they were.

Tonight, I just made jarred sauce spaghetti, but y'all, I used this new sauce and it was yummers. Here it is:


Peeps, this shizz is trey pricey--like $6 a jar--at the Publix but it was on sale a few weeks ago BOOF (buy one, one free) and I always wanted to try it so I bought one. This stuff is GOOD. Like Italian restaurant good. I jazzed it up with a little Italian sausage and served with winter salad (mixed greens, dried cherries, walnuts and blue cheese) and bread. Here it is:


I know, it's not anything terribly special, but it was yummers.

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, I have on repeat Follow Through by Gavin DeGraw, another of my favorite singer-songwriters. This song is how I feel about friendship. Great lyrics:

Oh, this is the start of something good
Don't you agree?
I haven't felt like this in so many moons
You know what I mean
And we can build through this destruction
As we are standing on our feet

So, since you wanna be with me
You'll have to follow through
With every word you say
And I, all I really want is you
You to stick around
I'll see you everyday
But you have to follow through
You have to follow through


This song is simply awesome. LOVES every word. Like poetry. I would say it's one of my top five songs from recent years. Yeah. That good.

What I'm Reading:
I gots in some reading time the other night. oo, yeah. Still don't know if I am loving this book, so I am reserving judgment.

What's on My Mind:
I am all into the "Give Me Five" thing, so here's another:

Give Me Five Staples on Your Grocery List Besides Milk, Bread and Eggs:
Well, I am going by our Publix list, not Trader Joe's, or Sam's, or Walmart, or Mexican grocery.

1) Fruit: the hubs eats lots of seasonal fruit. Apples, citrus. I like berries.
2) Coffee-Mate Liquid Creamer: Um. We practically drink this. If you read this blog, you already know that though.
3) Yogurts: The hubs eats yogurt every morning. I like it but tend to eat it more in the warmer months.
4) Coke Zero: Our diet drink of choice.
5) Tortilla chips: Because each week usually involves some form of Mexican cuisine it seems.

Well, later taters--gots to get some beauty sleep. B

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

What an awesome picture of the girls!! I can't wait to see it in person! Just beautiful! Who did you order from?