Thursday, February 26, 2009

Start Me Up

I don't know why I chose that title, other than that I could use a little start me up. How do the weeks seem to fly by and at the same time drag on endlessly? I want nothing more than for this week to be done, but tomorrow I will look back and wonder where it went.

So, let's see what's happened since we last gathered here. Well, Monday was not a bad day, all things considered. Tuesday...well, Tuesday sucked. It was NOT. A. GOOD. DAY. NOT. GOOD. Bad. Sucked. So, yeah, Fat Tuesday was a big fat sack of shayt. Why, you say? Well, let's just say the Bunny can only take so much disappointment and discouragement before she breaks right in two. And Tuesday broke me. Luckily, I already had plans to go get my drink on that night and, yes, I did. Have you ever had an Irish Car Bomb? Well, they will rock your world. Guiness, Bailey's and Jameson's. I had two. And some Bailey's shots. And some wine. So, by the end of the night, the shayt of the day was a distant memory. Don't judge. Alcohol is cheaper than therapy.

So, Wednesday, was a better day and I had some good news, actually. I guess Karma can be a bitch but even she has her limits about two days in a row. Which was a good thing, because Aunt Flo is visiting and yesterday was Day 3 which is when I usually hemorrahge to death. Then, last night, I had dinner with a friend which was nice because I had not seen her in a while and we were able to catch up. More on that later.

Today was a quiet day at home--I was glad not to have anywhere to go actually. And, honestly, not to have to put on makeup or dress up. I have to admit that, to me, that is the one perk of working from home. I don't have to get pretty if I ain't going nowhere. But I am tired. So I think I will head for bed early tonight.

What I'm Cooking:
Monday night, I made paninis because we had bread and turkey that needed to be eaten. Then, Tuesday, I made paninis again for my friend at their house because, after seeing the Bunny's fine panini making here on the blog, they developed a craving. I must say that I lived up to my reputation.

Last night, my friend made Pad Thai from one of those box mixes and it was quite tasty. Look:


She made it with shrimps. It had just the right amount of spice. I am gonna have to try this now. I took this wine for us to imbibe, which was a DFM pick:


It was aw'ight but it didn't come close to the Sicilian wine. Not even. At all. So, tonight, I made chicken piccata. I know I have pictured it here before, but I am posting some new photos for the newbies. Here's the sauce:


So, yeah, piccata sauce is lemon juice, butter and white wine. What's not to love, I say? And, y'all, this recipe is SIMPLE and OH SO GOOD. The Bunny can THROW DOWN some chicken piccata, peeps. Here it is plated:


MMMM! Damn skippy. Not the hubs favorite, but I loves. First of all, I get to beat the hell out of the chicken to make it thin--helps work out some daily frustration and aggression. Then, you know, the SAUCE. Yum.

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, Primitive by Annie Lennox from Diva. Very good song.

What I'm Reading:
Ok, I have a confession. I am not finishing a book. I just could not finish that Meg Cabot book. It was not what I thought and, worse, it was a murder mystery. Oy. So, I was trying to force myself to finish it and then the other day, a friend who blogs wrote a post about not finishing books and said she was letting herself off the hook about it because life was too short and there were too many good books she wanted to read. Brills, I thought. So I let myself off the hook too. It's very liberating and I don't feel bad at all. Wow.

What's on My Mind:
This was my horoscope today:

Your life is a paradox now because those things in your immediate reality seem unreal, yet when you think about your long-term goals, your plans can be quite exacting. The problem is that it may be difficult to turn your detailed strategy into action. Letting go of control and simply rolling with the incoming waves could be your most productive move today.

Those horoscope people. How do they know so much?
Later taters! Bun

2 comments:

Elisabeth said...

OK, the Pad Thai didn't look half bad in the pic! :)

Glad my post could serve as therapy for you, lord knows you've provided enough for me!

Here's to a crappy weather weekend!

bunny said...

That WAS good. Think I may pick some up at the Publix today.

Seriously, your post opened my eyes about the rigidity of having to finish all books I start. It is all about some stupid English major pride or something. You will be proud to know that I not only DID NOT finish it, I put in on PB Swap AND I added a second book I also have been stewing over I didn't even want to start, and knew I would have to force myself to finish! Ah, the freedom! :)