Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Hump Day Holla

Yo, yo peeps! It's time for the Hump Day Holla, though today may be more aptly titled the Hump Day Whimper because Bunny is T.I.R.E.D. It has been a long week already and I have spent too many nights up late and not enough sleep and too much stress. So let's get this started because I have to get to bed--after Top Chef though...

Monday was bleak, bleak, bleak. Like most of the U.S., it has been terribly frigid here. But I did have a nice lunch out with a friend. Tuesday was equally cold and bleak, in more ways than just the temperature, but I gots to have dinner with Bobs last night (Waffle House! YUMS!) and then we did Wii Fit (because we needed to after Waffle House!) and watched Biggest Loser and American Idol. I also went to the dentist yesterday morning and, look ma, no cavities! Oh yeah, and I gots a NEW PRESIDENT which was super, super cool.

Today, I had to go back to the ATL again--those drives are so tiring. I truly cannot imagine that commute every day and don't know how the hubs did it for so many years. Seriously. I would have to just damn well move or deliver pizzas locally before I would do that EVERY day. That's a hard, hard ride. Dudes.

So, on the pet cuteness front, the other night, Pepsi was playing with the bunny--no, not me--her stuffed bunny, and somehow, it wound up doing a headstand:


Ha! Guess you had to be there. And here is Pud, pissed about the camera, yet again:



What I'm Cooking:
Monday, I decided to cook up this seasoned pork roast I had in the crock pot. Crock pot cooking is SO, SO EASY--just dump it in, little water, cover it, turn it on and viola!


Roasted pork goodness. I decided to serve 'er up with some baked sweet 'taters and broccoli. Here it is plated:


Yes, that is a pool of butter on the 'tater. But it's just all melty--it wasn't THAT much. BTW, those Ziploc steamer bags are 'da bomb! Three minutes in the microwave, and the broccoli is PERFECT and no mess, no cleanup. LOVES them!

Tonight, I made slider burgers, baked beans and those awesome Ore-Ida roasted potatoes. I had not had them in a while but the Ore-Idas were on sale at the Publix this week so they made the grocery cut.

What I'm Listening To:
Right at this moment, Enjoy the Silence by Depeche Mode. Tres great dance music. Seriously. It's playing as part of a Genius mix on ITunes. Which makes me think of the great Genius mix I was listening to the other night that pulled in Woman in Chains by Tears for Fears. THAT is a great song, peeps. I had forgotten how great. Don't you loves it when you hear a song you have not heard in a long time and you just go "Wow! Why don't I listen to that more often?"

What I'm Reading:
Still nada.

What's On My Mind:
This awesome illustration was done by my talented friend Jimmy Claridy who also happens to be African-American.


As I watched the inauguration yesterday, tears rolled down my face and hope filled my heart. Here are two posts I pulled from online that sum up what I am feeling--could not have said it better myself, so I didn't:

"After 8 long years of darkness and fear, their is hope. I have hope in my heart, that Obama and the Democratic Congress will fix the wrongs, get people back to work, and make us a great country again. Change is here!!! And I'm psyched!!"

"And please, God, keep him safe. We know we ask too much of our presidents, and we're asking FAR too much of this one. We know the risk he and his wife are taking for all of us, and we implore you, O good and great God, to keep him safe. Hold him in the palm of your hand that he might do the work we have called him to do, that he might find joy in this impossible calling, and that in the end, he might lead us as a nation to a place of integrity, prosperity and peace. AMEN."

Pretty much says it all for me. Be back soon.

No comments: