Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Hump Day Holla

Wow, how long's it been since the last Holla, peeps? Yeah, too long. Anyway, it's been pretty calm at Casa Bunny but I didn't want to leave you hanging too long since I promised to do better, so let me catch you up.

So my life has been pretty much about treating the rash, which has made me lots miserable. I finally broke down today and called the dermatologist and BEGGED them to work me in and, by God, they did! Now I have a HUGE vat of prescription cream and steroids! Whee! I thought I would take a photo of my disease so you would have a visual:


So this is the back of my hand. Small, very raised pink bumps. Everywhere. Chest, arms, hand, legs, feet. The only places they are not is my back and butt. And they itch like a mother. Seriously itch like a mother.


This is the HUGE VAT of cream which I am praying works miracles. Right after I get off this post, I am going to slather it all over everything. I can't wait! You can also see in this post where I nicked myself with my new knife, which I had not told you about yet, so here's the story.

During the after Thanksgiving sales, W-S had this Wusthof knife (like the Rolls-Royce of knives) on sale for less than half price. So my sweet hubs bought me one. Being the weirdo that I am, I have put off using it, but I broke it out tonight and promptly christened it with my blood. Mother is sharp. Tres sharp. So here's the pic:


Now I have a good knife and a Le Creuset. Just start calling me Julia how 'bout it? Oh, and the dentil mold for our front door finally came today in its correct form:


And guess what? The m-effers at Peachtree finally called about the bill. I let the hubs handle it--he does Bad Cop good--and we are ok with the outcome. Yes, they are giving us a discount. We are still waiting for a new screen and touch up paint so I am withholding final payment until we receive. After all, we had to wait 15 weeks for windows--they can wait a little longer for payment. Damn skippy. On another note, as I was walking around the house today, I thought I would take a pic of my "chore" Crocs:


I bought pylon orange Crocs for working in the garden but then started wearing them to remodel and now they are covered in paint and stain. Very artsy, no??

What I'm Cooking:
Monday night, I made this Publix recipe called Chicken Confetti. It was this tasty chicken and pasta dish you baked in the oven. Here's pics:


Ok, so I forgot to take pics until AFTER I dished it up, but it's pretty. The top is panko crumbs mixed with cheese and butter so it was all golden goodness. I will make again. Last night, the hubs and I both worked late so we dined on El Pollo Loco takeout. Tonight, I made the W-S Chicken & Corn Chowder. I took a photo of it in bowl this time:


See it glisten? This is not a low-cal soup. Heavy cream, bacon. But DAMN is it GOOD. I also had the good crusty rolls. I decided to take a photo because they were so damn pretty:


Mmmm. Crusty goodness.

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, Why Can't This Be Love by Van Halen. Sammy Hager ROCKS! I am a Sammy lover. He has great hair.

What I'm Reading:
Still making my way through Ask Again Later by Jill Davis.

What's On My Mind
Not much, really. Just trying to get rid of this rash and keep my life on the rails right now.
Be good and I'll be back later!
Bunny

No comments: