Friday, January 30, 2009

Freakin' Friday

Yo, peeps--have y'all made it through that other post yet? I thought I would give you some extra time seeing as it was so long and all.

So the rest of the week has been pretty quiet--no more super exciting outings of ethnic or other leanings. Actually, until today, it has been pretty grey and dreary--I was starting to think I had the worst SAD (that would be seasonal effective disorder) ever. Today and tomorrow are (supposed) to be sunny but it is cold. Colder than a well-digger's arse though.

So, Wednesday night I went over to Bobs for American Idol and dinner. Yes, Bobs and I are attached at the hip right now but, you know, we is just getting reacquainted after 25 years apart so it takes a little time to catch up, aw'ight?? Anywho, one of the things Bobs and I share is our love of cooking, and he is almost as good as me (wink!). For dinner, he made this awesome smashed pea pasta, and then looks what that Bobs made:


Freakin' homemade key lime pie tarts! You're jealous, aren't you?? Come on, I know you are. During our mercado excursion, he bought a bag of tiny key limes to make some pie. But, let me tell you, I juiced about 20 of those little mothers, so I had to WORK for that pie, ok?? Then, the fruity fun really started. Behold:


Oh, Hell to the yes--a frozen concoction that helps me hang on. In strawberry. Yums. Y'all, it was a rough week--still is--and I needed that damn drink. Thanks, Bobs, for taking care of the Bunny.

So, yesterday, I had to go to the ATL for work, then today was grocery day. This weekend, believe it or not, we have more painting to work on, and tomorrow night, we are going to dinner with friends. I also have to work on our taxes--our appt. is next weekend. GAH! I hope we don't owe a lot. Seriously.

What I'm Cooking:
Well, I told you what I had Wednesday night at Bobs. Last night, the hubs and I had a cheap meal out. Tonight, I made chicken, spinach and mushrooms quesadillas with black beans and HOMEMADE guacamole! Looks:


Avocados from my excursion mixed with this:


This starter is from W-S--just mix 1/2 cup with 3 avocados and DONE! It's that easy and SOOOO good! I did throw in some $10 salt and diced roma tomato as well. Damn, y'all, it was seriously good. Seriously. I am going to be making that crap all the time. And eating it with a spoon.

What I'm Listening To:
Right at this moment, Regret by New Order. While I don't have any of their albums, some of my all-time favorite songs are by New Order--Bizarre Love Triangle, Ceremony--good stuff, peeps, good stuff.

What I'm Reading:
Still on Big Boned by Meg Cabot.

What's On My Mind:
I am so 'effin tired, it's not even funny and I have so much to do, it's not even funny. I keep saying "in one week, it will be better" then it's one week later, and it's not. I just keep praying to the Lord to help me through.

Night, peeps. Love, B

No comments: