Saturday, January 24, 2009

Bunnies Bounce

Yo, peeps, this week ended on a sorta low note. Many of you know the story and I am not at liberty to share all the deets until next week, but let's just say Thursday SUCKED big time. However, by Friday, things looked slightly rosier and today I am feeling pretty ok (well, except Aunt Flo is visiting and she is always a bitch these days!). Next week, I will give everyone the 411 and update but let's just say, "Bunnies Bounce" and this one will bounce back better than ever, of that you can be sure!

Remember the artwork I posted last Tuesday from my illustrator friend? Well, unbelievably enough, we were reunited later this week after losing touch for several years. It was a blessing and bright spot to the week, for sure! He sent me the following original art, just for me, to cheer me up:


He is so awesome and is going to be BIG one day and I will be able to say I knew him when--and make a fortune selling my stash of his work on ebay! :)

So, today, the hubs and I decided to be good citizens and went and saved lives by giving blood. The hubs has B negative blood which is pretty rare so he is always in demand for the juice of life letting. I haven't given since I left my last job and I don't mind it so I decided to go along for the ride. Next time, we decided we are going to give platelets--I have never done that before and am sorta excited! New year, new experiences, new Bunny!

We spent the rest of the day working in the house, hanging pictures, boxing up stuff. Here's some photos:


We bought this chair several weeks ago for a STEAL at a second-hand shop. We think it is cedar and its mission style complements our other decor. LOVES!


I picked up this piece of leaded glass years ago at a weekend flea market. It never has had a good place--now it has pride of place in the new room!


And you remember this, right? The hubs gave it to me for our anniversary and it now resides over the front door.

We have one more room to paint next weekend--whee! I cannot wait! Tomorrow, we are going to the Williams Sonoma cooking class--Super Bowl foods. It is all appetizers. YUM! Then, I have a ton of freelance work to do, which is a good thing, trust me.

What I'm Cooking:
Thursday night, I made that yummy chicken confetti again and Friday was Pizza Night again. Tonight, however, I did 'er up and went with all-out comfort food: roast with gravy. mashed taters and broccoli:


Mmm, roasty goodness, straight from the crock pot! Here it is plated:


Whew, I is FULL, but I am about to go pop a raspberry cobbler in the oven. Don't hate me! I promise to post pics in a later post! :)

What I'm Listening To:
Right at this moment, Both Sides Now by Joni Mitchell. Great song and fitting for now:

I've looked at life from both sides now
From win and lose and still somehow
It's life's illusions I recall
I really don't know life at all

What I'm Reading:
YEA! I started a book--a light read--Big Boned by Meg Cabot.

What's On My Mind:
Someone said this to me the other day and I thought it was brilliant, esp. in relation to my mindset at the time:

Discontent is your subconscious' way of telling you there are better things in store for you.

Yep, I believe there are better things in store for the Bunny. Just wait and see. Remember, it's the year of the Bunny.
Love, peeps, B

No comments: