Sunday, December 21, 2008

It's Almost 9 P.M. and I Have Not Showered Today

Does that tell you how the day has gone? Well, it should. Anyway, I did not mean to be away so many days but things picked up the end of the week with the remodel and the hubs was off Friday through today, and, well, okay I was just busy with stuff! And I am too pooped to be too clever so don't expect much from the post, peeps.

Anywho, on Thursday, I worked and had to go back to the ATL for work holiday gathering after being there on Wednesday. Driving to the ATL is SO tiring! Esp. in crap rainy weather. Then, Friday Mr. Mike showed back up and gots busy. He worked on the stoop and framed windows and the hubs painted the dormer ceiling and I caulked on my lunch hour. We were a busy team. Yesterday, the hubs and I had to run some errands, again going to the ATL, but today, we worked ALL DAY in the house--me painting trim and settling the master bedroom and bathroom, he finishing up the dormer. So here's the results of the past several days:


Master bath vanity area. See artwork in mirror.


Master bath vanity, other angle. See window and tub area in mirror.


Toilet area--no, the bath is absolutely NOT in any way, shape or form related to any love of UGA. I'm just saying before anyone asks.


The shower area--why no shower today? Because I got all skippy and threw away the old liner. The hooks also do not work--they slide through the holes. So the hubs is off as we speak to Target to get both so I can clean myself before bed.


I LOVE this--this is one of those decorative shelves which we used to have in the bedroom. I had the bright idea to use it as a shelf below this kitchen window and Mr. Mike made it happen.


This is our stoop, which is coming along. We have a real light now and stair forms. Hubs also started painting the trim around the front door.


Our new stoop light. This was a splurge for us but it's mighty purty.


We decided the stained dormer ceiling looked too unsightly so we decided to paint it the same color as the trim around the front door--the dark bronze color of the windows and cedar.


Master bedroom, angle 1.


Master bedroom, angle 2. Accessorizing still needed.

So, some progress has been made but I am TIRED. AND SMELLY. Anywho, here's a sweet Pepsi pic from earlier today:


The hubs ran out to Home Depot (imagine that??) and Pepsi jumped on top of the stack of hardwood piled in our living area to gaze intently at the front door, waiting for daddy to come home.

What I'm Cooking:
Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday night, we ate out. I KNOW! It's not very fiscally responsible of us at all. Sigh. Last night, I made Trader Joe's Mandarin Orange Chicken. Tonight, I got back on the bandwagon and made a pork roast with mashed sweet potatoes and lima beans. Here it is plated:


It was yummy, esp. since I was hungry after working so hard all day. My tums has also been a little off today so I didn't eat much until dinner.

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, How Soon Is Now? by The Smiths. Nothing like The Smiths when you are working yourself into a good funk.

What I'm Reading:
Still nada, peeps.

What's On My Mind
I am getting myself all worked up about the economy again and I think it is giving me heartburn and palpitations. And, damn, it is cold! I am going to take a LONG HOT SHOWER, three Motrin and go to bed. Tomorrow is another day.
Bun

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Whoo Hoo!!! It is coming along!!