Friday, December 12, 2008

If It Ain't One Thing...Well, You Know

Yo, yo peeps! It's been a long ass week and my ass is dragging lower than my boobs without underwire, so let's get on with this because I swears I am getting in bed early tonight.

Since we last met here, NOTHING has been done on the remodel. Yeps, NADA. See, Mr. Mike probably has pneumonia...wouldn't you freakin' know it??? But, as far as I know, we are still on track to get the windows on Monday. And I was really hoping....really, really hoping....that we might be DONE by next weekend. But, alas, if Mr. Mike ends up in the ICU, that won't be happening. I guess I will have to set my sights on New Year's now.

This week has been cold and dreary, and though we desperately need the rain, I wish I had been able to enjoy the rain more. What, you say? Yes, by snuggling on the couch. My plastic covered couch. Well, I might as well stop whining. At least, maybe, we will get our master bath and bedroom done next weekend. Maybe.

Other than that, there is not a lot going on at Casa Bunny. I had great aspirations to do lots tonight, but in the end, after working late, going to get groceries and several other housekeeping things, I figured the best thing for me was blog and bed. Yep, get rested for another weekend of painting (just touch ups this weekend! whee!) and freelance work and maybe, if we're lucky, I can work in to start working on the budget. Don't you wish you were here??

What I'm Cooking:
Wednesday night I went to dinner with a friend, and last night, I went to a friend's for dinner. I know, I know, but it's that time of year! Tonight, I warmed up the last of the black beans and yellow rice and made spinach and mushrooms quesidillas. Pretty good, if I do say so.

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, This is Christmas by Luther Vandross. I have already waxed on here about my Luther love, so I won't bore you again with the deets.

What I'm Reading:
I am finished with Dave, but don't know what I am moving onto next. I will decide tonight though because I plan on reading a little before sleep.

What's On My Mind
What the hell is wrong with people that they would mistreat a dog so badly that its hind legs would mat together? (yes, this is a true story--thank God, the dog is fine now). Should I buy that sideboard/dresser for our new room or an exercise bike? Should I take Nyquil before bed or just drink a glass of wine? Why can I not remember to take photos for the blog?

Later, peeps--have a good one!
Bun

No comments: