Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Ok, I KNOW I should have posted yesterday BUT I waited until today because, hey, it's been a while since a Hump Day Holla! Aw'ight??? Anywho, yes, we have WINDOWS!!! BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL WINDOWS!!! Gaze upon the windows:


Inside kitchen window.


Inside bath window--it's obscure glass--SO COOL! No window treatments needed!


Inside front window, now CORRECT grid pattern.


Outside side window.


Outside front window.

Oh, and our siding is also DONE! ALL UP! They finished too late today for me to take pics, but here are a few from yesterday:


Here is the back of the house.


Here is the front of the house they finished yesterday.

It all looks SO GOOD together! Now, if we can get Mr. Mike healthy, we will be cooking with gas. Yes, he is still desperately sick, so please say a prayer for his health. But, whatever, we have WINDOWS! I know, you say, what the hell will I piss and moan about now?? Trust me, peeps, plenty. Plenty.

Anywho, that's been the crux of my excitement the past three days--windows and siding installation. And I don't care how SAD you think I am because I am HAPPY! HAPPY! JOY! JOY!

What I'm Cooking:
Monday night, I made hot roast beef sandwiches with salad and potato pancakes from the leftover mashed potatoes. They were yummers--see:


If you have never made these, they are so simple--just add finely chopped onion and an egg, and mix up and drop in a hot pan with a little oil. Cook until golden brown on both side. Then eat up! (And, um, yeah, the one in the bottom right sorta fell apart when I was flipping it--oops!)

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, Joy to the World by Aretha Franklin. It is AWESOME! I should check if she has a full-on Christmas album (this came off a compilation).

What I'm Reading:
Still nada, peeps.

What's On My Mind
So excited the remodel has progressed!

Be back soon--the hubs is home and we are going out for a cheap dinner to celebrate!
Bun

No comments: