Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Fa La La La La

That is about as much holiday spirit as I have peeps. I am sad about it too. I really love Christmas but the remodel has sort of taken over everything including the holidays. Every few days, I realize it is so close to Christmas, but you cannot tell it at our house. We just have to get through this and then live our lives next year.

Anywho, the remodel is rocking on. I decided to go ahead and take some bed and bath photos for fun and to have something to show. So here they are:


Here is our bathroom, painted. It is a soft dove grey called Lazy Grey. It looks a little institutional here, but the bro came today and put up our bath lights and when the window gets in and we put up the new linens, it will be stunning. I am sure of that.


Here is our bedroom. Now instead of denim/red/yellow it is black/red/tan. We still have curtains to put up (waiting for the windows!) and some other touches but this is the general drift. It has been a little weird getting used to something different but I do like it. The comforter set is American Living at JCPenney which is made by Ralph Lauren. Good ol' Ralph. Always knows how to spin some fabric.

Bro also switched our light fixture and hung the curtain rod over our new big window. Tomorrow, Mr. Mike is supposed to come back and do a few interior things. Next week, I hope our windows go in Monday, then the rest of our siding. There are lots of details still though--painting door frames, painting more trim, painting paint (ha! seeing if you were paying attention!), touching up floors, a deep cleaning of everything, painting furniture. Yes, lots of painting. I will be surprised if I have any brain cells left when this is over. And I am tired, peeps. So, so tired.

So, I posted those cute pics of Savannah and KK the other day, so today I took a cute pic of the Pepster:


She is so cute, curled up in the chair. I obs took this from above.

What I'm Cooking:
Sunday night, I made this Old El Paso taco casserole and I made a big pot of black beans (from dried beans) and yellow rice on the side. It was all yummy, but unfortch, I forgot to take pics. I have been having a total mental block about the food pics.

Last night, I made chicken tenders, a salad with pecans, dried cherries and blue cheese and roasted potatoes. All stuff that needed to be eaten up, but I did put a Bunny spin on the taters. I used these:


I wouldn't usually spend the extra $$ to buy these but they were BOOF (buy one, one free) at Publix like 2 months ago. They were going off date this week so I needed to cook them. I decided to cook up some chopped bacon and saute with diced onion, then tossed the potatoes in the skillet until they were golden. See:


Yum. I was going to add some blue cheese but decided to put that on the salad instead. Tonight, I made Italian Pasta and Bean soup (a W-S recipe) which was ok. I think it will be better tomorrow. Again, I forgot to take pics!

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, Keane. I am feeling melancholy and nothing says melancholy like some Keane.

What I'm Reading:

I am still working on The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey. And I am digging it. I also got these DVDs:


Come Jan. 1, the hubs and I are going all in with Dave. I tell you, I really want to get this remodel debt paid down asap. I don't want it looming over my head for 10 years. Why tell you, you say? Well, because peeps, when I decline dinner out and instead invite you to my house (hell, I want EVERYONE to see if anyway!) or cannot go on vacation or finance some other monetary expenditure, I hope you will remember why and praise me for it. It's gonna be hard, but I think we can buckle down and do it.

What's On My Mind
I am stressed out because I have so much to do, but I just have to stop and tell myself that it will get done, one way or another, sooner or later. I just feel very overwhelmed today. Everyday, really, recently.

Later taters!
Bunny

No comments: