Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sassy-ness Saturday

Yo, peeps, it's been a few days, but I am back! It's actually been pretty quiet around Casa Bunny the past few days. It's been grey and rainy and just sorta blahy.

On Thursday, Ronaldo (sp?) came and mudded the sheetrock in the new room. Here are some photos:




He wore these like really cool stilt shoe thingys to clomp around in and reach the high spots. Let's zoom in for the closeup:


See?? Cool. However, they apparently make R. drip sheetrock mud everywhere like all over my new door, windows, etc. Mr. Mike assures me it comes off with water. It better. It better.

I also took a new photo of the (more) completed outside. This will give you a good idea of the final look:


We have been budgeting this weekend to see what kinda money we are going to have finishing up and the result is: NONE. Actually, we will have enough to finish our hardwoods inside the house OR rock the foundation. We have decided to do the hardwoods and let the rock wait awhile.

So, Monday, Mr. Mike comes to start sanding and priming the sheetrock (which will be a NIGHTMARE of dust) and then the little guy is supposed to come and finish our hardwoods in the master bedroom this week. We will have to wait on the other bedrooms until we can move some furniture around. It's really crowded inside Casa Bunny! We also will not be able to afford new appliances right now. Oh, well. They were not a necessity, but would be nice. Guess we will make due. Now I am panicked about the economy--it would REALLY suck to lose our house after we finally had it remodeled. Let's all pray that never comes close to happening.

Nothing happened much yesterday and, today, I went to get my hair cut and did I ever! Here's the new 'do:


It's so cute! A curly, sassy bob. My hair had gotten REALLY long and the curl was flattening due to the weight, so I told her I wanted to shorten it. Honestly, I did not expect this short but I really like it.

This afternoon, I have been working on some work projects I have neglected and trying to wrap those up. That's about it. Tomorrow, I am going Christmas shopping for the children with my mom and more painting. Woo-hoo.

What I'm Cooking:
Wednesday night, we had vegetable pasta--jarred sauce with diced fresh squash, zucchini and peppers. For some reason, I am really not loving pasta right now. I used to CRAVE it, but my jones has wained which is bad since I have a cabinet FULL. Anywho, Thursday, we went to the grocery store so we caught a quick bite out.

Last night, I roasted another chiken. I am addicted! Chickens were on sale at the Publix this week and I wanted to roast it while fresh. Here it is:


Yes, it's missing its wings. I pulled them off before I remembered to take a photo. Yes, I brined it and rubbed it with oil and spices, however, while this one was prettier, I don't think it was quite as juicy, but it was still really, really good.

Tonight, I made chicken enchiladas with black beans and yellow rice on the side, however, I forgot to take a photo! Sigh. Oh, well, they were a little dried out because the hubs was late arriving.

What I'm Listening To:
NEW ARTIST ALERT!! I currently love Jamie Lidell. His new album "Jim" has a retro feel...sorta like Sam Cook-ish 50's vibe. I LOVES the song "Another Day." Weirdly enough, he used to be an electronica artist. Anyways, check him out. It's seriously good stuff.

What I'm Reading:
Nada.

What's On My Mind
Y'all, I don't know what to believe about this economy mess. I am giving myself an ulcer reading the Internet. On the one hand, you have the gloom and doom folks who are stocking up on guns and canned foods; on the other, the Pollyana "it's not that bad" peeps. I hope somewhere in the middle is the truth. I can take recession ok, but depression scares the SHIT out of me. While I do think things will get worse before they get better, I do have some faith in our world leaders to try to get us out of this mess. We all succeed or we all fail together in today's global climate. I hope my faith, and my prayers, are not in vain.

On that depressing note, good night!
The Bun

No comments: