Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Highlights & History

Peeps! I am sitting here listening to the election results roll in and am terribly excited about the fact that we are sitting on the cusp of history. Whoever you voted for, you have to appreciate that this is a defining moment in the history of our country and the world even.

That said, let's get back to me. The hubs and I continued our weekend of excitement with painting! But first, on Saturday, I went to Sam's and stocked up on meat, then came home to clean house and piddle around. Sunday, we started painting. Here is our palette:


The palette is called Desert Spice and we are using all the colors but the cream one. First, we painted our new keeping room and hall area Allspice, a dark, rich gold:


Pretty but lots of touch ups needed! Then, Monday, we took off and painted the kitchen Pumpkin Bar. Here is the kitchen before:



Here after:



Yes, it is bold but I LOVES it. Once we purchase our new black and stainless appliances, it is going to be smokin' hot. It is so different and just awesome. But painting it was a BITCH. Like red when it came to saturation and all angles/corners/edges.

Needless to say, lots of touch ups to trim and paint are needed, so the weekend ahead looks like more fun. Now for more home reveal--yesterday we got our front window, and guess what?? Yup, it was 'effed up. The wrong grill. UN. BE. LIEV. ABLE. But our front door did go up and they did install the window (luckily--haha--for us, they can just change out the grill which means we can move ahead with construction! A dim light of good news.) and today, Leroy came and started installing our cedar. Here are the pics:


This is the inside of the front door--which they painted wrong--however, we are keeping it and they are giving us a discount.


This is outside of the front door. We bought a lockset today--it will go on tomorrow.


And here is the house with the cedar and the front window--you can really see what it is going to look like! Our neighbor came over and practically was peeing her pants she loved it so much. Leroy liked it. It looks good! I am pleased, pleased so far. Tomorrow, Mr. Mike comes back and the interior wall will be coming down! Excitement!

What I'm Cooking:
Saturday night, we had slider burgers. Sunday night, I had dinner with my new BFF who I met on Facebook, an old high school acquaintance who may possibly be my soul mate. :) Then, last night, I went to W-S Cooking Class--they are having the classes on Sunday AND Monday during November and they are all Thanksgiving related. Last night was turkey prep and I WAS THE ONLY PERSON so it was me and Little Jake mano-a-mano. YEAH! I got to asks all kinds of questions including personal ones and found out all about Little Jake. I MUST find someone to hook him up with pronto! Anyway, I was a dork and took photos of him trussing the bird. WHAT??? I am a visual learner!!! They are funny so I decided to post them:


This is Little Jake tying up Tom--under the tail, under and over the leg...


Then up around and in a bow. It looks like a massacre though!


Here's all the turkey makings--trussing twine, brine mix (THE secret to moist turkey. OH. MY. GOD. That was the BEST turkey I ever put in my mouth! EVER! EVER! Little Jake taught me because I told him I didn't think that turkey would be good at all. It was DIVINE!) and turkey paste which is like seasonings in oil. I am starting with a chicken this weekend and work my way up to a turkey.

Tonight I made an awesome chili with a recipe from Publix--it was yummy!



What I'm Listening To:
I am still hooked right on constant repeat of You Make It Real by James Morrison.

What I'm Reading:
I finished We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg, which was quite good and I have started Beach House by Jane Green.

What's On My Mind
Sandwiches tonight peeps:

What is your favorite sandwich?
A Publix roast beef sub on wheat with spicy mustard, mayo, all the veggies. PBJ is also pretty good.

Do you prefer a bagel, bread or bun?
Hoagie or bun.

What did you having for lunch today?
Cheese quesidilla.

So, good night peeps. I have lots to do tonight and it's getting late.
Loves, Bunny

No comments: