Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Yo, peeps, this is a late-breaking HDH, but I realized I could not post tomorrow night and I knew you would all be waiting with bated breath to hear the latest in the PWD (that's PEACHTREE WINDOWS AND DOORS, WHO SUCK) saga.

So, something told me this morning I needed to check my new front door. See, it's all bubbled and plasticized up but after the CF with the windows, I just wanted to make sure it was ok. So you see what's coming next?? Yes, you guessed it. The damn door was WRONG!!!! W. T. F.???? Does the words "quality control" mean anything?? We ordered the door painted brick red on both sides, but it seems it is brick red on one side, and dark bronze on the other, which is our trim color. Now, the hubs is pissed and those of you who know the hubs know it takes a lot to piss him off. So they are ordering a new panel for the door and we still have not nailed down a date for our windows but, supposedly, someone's walking it through, blah, blah, blah. We'll see what shakes down. Maybe that ass-crawling yesterday did a LITTLE good though. Sigh. Did I remember to say again that PWD SUCK??

Just for kicks and giggles, here's some cute pics of the girls I took today:


America's Next Top (Canine) Model


Mama, this is what I think about PWD! BLAH!

What I'm Cooking:
Last night, I made pumpkin pasta. Here it is plated:


It looks a little blah on the plate, but it's quite yums. Canned pumpkin, Italian sausage, heavy cream and sage--it's a Rachel Ray recipe. I served it over whole wheat pasta with a fall salad (spring mix, apples, blue cheese).

Tonight, I made shrimp creole but I forgot to take pics. It's really good--coarsely chopped celery, bell pepper, onion, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce with shrimps. I agree with the hubs that I forget how good this is until I make it. Plus, it's pretty low-cal which is always a good thing. Esp. since I need to get my fat arse back on the healthy eating bandwagon. I'll do that tomorrow, after I finish this glass of wine.

Here is a fun gift the hubs' boss sent to me:


What's better than bunnies and ice cream?? A bunny ice cream scoop!

What I'm Listening To:
I talked about this song several, several blogs ago, but I am all hooked right now on constant repeat of You Make It Real by James Morrison. I have waxed on here about his debut album, which was awesome, and he just released his sophomore effort, which this song is on. It's so good, he's so good. LOVES these lyrics:

There’s so much craziness surrounding me
There’s so much going on, it gets hard to breathe
When all my faith has gone, you bring it back to me
You make it real for me

When I’m not sure of my priorities
When I’ve lost sight of where I’m meant to be
Like holy water washing over me
You make it real for me

And I’m running to you, baby
You are the only one who saves me
That’s why I’ve been missing you lately
Cause you make it real for me

When my head is strong, but my heart is weak
I’m full of arrogance and uncertainty
When I can't find the words
You teach my heart to speak
You make it real for me

TOTES LOVE.

What I'm Reading:
Still working on We Are All Welcome Here by Elizabeth Berg, but still have not gotten very far.

What's On My Mind
I am tres, tres excited about my date Sunday night! It has given a bright spot to this shat-filled week. I have be reacquainted with someone from my high school days and we are meeting up in person after many days of emails. I can't wait!

What's My Meme:
I guess that's why they call it the blues....seems fitting for this week:

Have you ever had the blues?
Oh, yes. But I call it a "funk."

What sorts of occurrences might cause you to feel blue?
Republicans winning the presidential election. My remodel being delayed. The general weight of the world on my shoulders. Breathing.

How can you beat the blues?
Alcohol. Sleeping. Friends. Drinking alcohol with friends. But not sleeping with friends!

What is your most loved shade of blue?
Royal blue. I'm a winter.

So, good night peeps, I am off to bed! Be back soon!

No comments: