Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Yo, yo peeps! Bunny's in the house! Casa Bunny, that is. So, I have to do this fast because I have a night of brain-damaging tv watching ahead, so, let's get to it.

Monday, the hubs was off and it was a relatively quiet day. I worked, hubs painted trim in the house, Pud went back to the vet. And YEAH--she had a near perfect diabetic day! Her sugar levels were back on a bell curve and just right. So, if you prayed, thank you very much. Let's hope it stays this way and no more talk of the UGA vet school.

Oh yeah, and my siding guy had a job fall through so he called and asked if he could come on and start on the house. So he and his crew were here Monday and Tuesday taking off siding, wrapping the house (OVER the windows--weird and clausterphobic-icky) and putting up the trim. I swear, they were SLOW as molasses! I told the hubs it was a good thing we were not paying them by the hour. Seriously. They did not leave until almost 8 P.M. last night! So here is their handiwork:


Not a great photo but it was way dark-thirty when they left. I was going to take another pic today but it rained ALL DAY which was awesome, because we so need it. And my garden needs it.

So that's been about it for me. Yesterday, I went out to lunch for a meeting, then met a friend today for lunch. Last night, we watched the debate. More on that below for those of you who do not share my viewpoints.

What I'm Cooking:
Monday night, I made hot roast beef subs with tomato/onion/basil salad. I forgot to take photos but they were yummy. Last night, I broke out the sausages I bought at Sam's and whipped this up:


I grilled up the sausages in my fave IKEA grill pan with peppers from the garden and onions. I served them on sub rolls (OK, I love the sub rolls at Sam's but they come in packs of 6 12 inch subs! That's a lot of eating for us!) with spicy mustard. I really like them; the hubs, not so much. I served them with a spring mix salad with strawberries, pecans and feta. Tonight, I did a new W-S sauce:


One of my W-S classmates tipped me off to this. Y'all this is YUMS. I don't really like curry but this is very mild. So, I served it like this:


Simple, over white rice with Trader Joe's succotash on the side. Tasty.

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, Lately by Shawn Mullins. Pure coincidence. I just have Rhapsody playing and that's the song that is on this minute.

What I'm Reading:
I finished Off Season for the book club. Hated it. In Siddons' books (that I have read), everyone is weak, mean and dies. Not one redeeming character or positive thing.

What's On My Mind
What is wrong with the Republican ticket, mainly Palin, that they think it is right, much less Christian, to incite this mass hysteria type anger against Obama? I mean, seriously, people yelling "Kill him" and "Terrorist" at their appearances?? If I was Michelle Obama, I would call that crazy ass bitch out. How would Palin feel if the shoe was on the other foot, with someone stirring the shit pot against her husband?? There are enough crazies out there without the Repubs making people more riled up. They should be ashamed at worst; issue a formal apology and renounce their ways at best.

What's My Meme:
Sorry, no meme tonight. It's time for tv! See you later taters! Be good!

No comments: