Saturday, October 04, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Me! And the Hubs!

Well, today is the 12th anniversary of the day me and the hubs were joined in wedded bliss. And, for the most part, it has been bliss. Don't get me wrong--there have been fights, counseling, more fights, crying--but at the end of the day, the hubs is still my best friend. Period. Which is how it should be in my book.

Anyhoot, since our honeymoon we have always gone on vacation the week of our anniversary, places both far away (Rhode Island/ Connecticut) and close by (Wilmington, Asheville, St. Simons) but this year, our vacation is a staycation. Yes, because of the remodel, we opted out of vacating and decided to stay at home and spend days off later in the month painting. Woo-hoo.

And because we are spending $$$$ on the remodel, we also decided on no gifts, so imagine my surprise when the hubs came home last night with this:


Best.Gift.Ever. The hubs had this custom made just for me and I cannot wait to hang it over my new front door. When it FINALLY gets here. 17 days from now. I guess my gift will be our planned nice dinner out tonight. I am using my recent cell phone rebate to pay for our anniversary dinner because lame-o AT&T sent a check card rather than a check. Oh well, it all works out.

So, yesterday was pretty quiet and today, before our dinner, we are going to be doing MORE remodeling shopping--bathroom lights, a kitchen faucet, curtains. But at least the day will be spent with the hubs. He's a good man. I love him muchly.

I will be back soon. Have a great weekend!
Bunny

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Happy Anniversary! Sorry I missed it. . .dealing with family drama - like, the real kind. The kind that shows up in made-for-tv movies, drama. I'll catch you up when we get back from California. Love Ya!