Saturday, October 11, 2008

Aunt Bunny Rides Again

Ok, so not a lot going on at Casa Bunny since Hump Day. Thursday was pretty quiet--work, work, work. Up too late again. Yesterday it was work, work, work again with a quick trip to the grocery store at lunch. The biggest news is my health--yesterday I started feeling really crapalicious and felt progressively worse throughout the day. I think I am having sinus issues. Headache, lightheaded, very tired. I have not at all been taking care of myself though--little rest, lots of stress. So my boss gave me permission to knock off a little early and I took an hour nap, then made my husband take me out to dinner, then doped up and went to bed early.

Today I had made plans to go see my nephews play sports--one plays flag football and one plays soccer. I felt like holy hell when I got up--at 8:30 am--but I doped up again and drug my arse to the ATL. I have been a BAD AUNT the past many months. I cannot tell you the last time I went to see the boys. And I rarely see my other nephew and neice. They used to live closer and I would see them at least once a week. I have made a vow that once I get my house completed, there will be more spend the nights and visits. Sooner than I would like, they will be grown and want nothing to do with me.

So, let me just say that kids playing sports is THE funniest thing ever. I have never seen anyone be so intent yet so distracted at the same time as kids on a sports team. It's like "Look, the ball. Wait, there's a dog. Wait, where's mom? Oh, wait, the ball." So here are some pics:


A. playing some position--running back? Not sure about flag football positions...


A. hiking the ball. He was pretty dang good at this!


M. waiting for the soccer ball to roll to him.

Anyway, it was nice to play aunt today. They are good kids.

What I'm Cooking:
Thursday night, I made quesidillas with chicken, spinach and mushrooms and served it with Spanish rice from Target. We did not love the rice--I think I like yellow rice best. Last night, we went out to eat at the Waffle House. Tonight, I made slider burgers with the good potatoes and baked beans. So, a lot of repeats this week. Right now, I have a double strawberry cobbler in the oven though--YUMMY.

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, Calling All Angels by Train:

I need a sign to let me know you're here
'Cause my TV set just keeps it all from being clear
I want a reason for the way things have to be
I need a hand to help build up some kind of hope inside of me
And I'm calling all angels
I'm calling all you angels
I won't give up if you don't give up

After this past week, I think we all need to be calling on the angels.

What I'm Reading:
Nothing new started yet.

What's On My Mind
Going to bed as soon as possible and all the shit I have to get done this week and how I really don't need to be sick because of all the shit I have to do this week.

What's My Meme:
Sorry, y'all. Meme is still down.

Hope you have a great rest of weekend!

No comments: