Monday, September 08, 2008

Where Did the Last Week Go?

Yo, dudes! I cannot believe it is already end of the day Monday. I am so sorry that I have been a bad Bunny blogger...the house remodel thing is taking over my life. Seriously. Though we haven't made much progress because we had to have the footings inspected and, today, the foundation was poured. If it doesn't rain, we might get the rest of the foundation up this week. Maybe next week we can start building walls.

Saturday, I went to ATL to the window and door showroom--AGAIN. We are trying desperately to get those ordered. AGAIN, so many choices. Exterior color and trim, interior color and trim, grid configuration, hardware color, type of interior and exterior trim. Sigh. And just when I start to make a big purchase, I start to second guess myself. I really hope this all looks spectacular in the end. It's a crap shoot, really.

We are still riding over on budget too. I have been having to be negotiator and all-around beeotch. I am getting REALLY tired of people not doing what they say. Really, business must be GREAT for some of these contractors and suppliers because they can't seem to CALL YOU BACK. Seriously. I mean.

It was a nice weekend though. Friday I went to lunch with a friend for her birthday. Saturday, I went to lunch with a new friend after going to the window & door showroom. Sunday, I went to the latest W-S cooking class with a friend (It was SUPPOSED to be roasting but wound up being make-ahead meals, so Little Jake made Beef Bourguignon which was simply FABU! I will be making THAT in the future!). So, lots of nice social time.

Saturday, I FINALLY finished the bath cabinets. I must say, they look pretty damn good--see:


BEFORE: Light golden oakey color, no hardware.




AFTER: Dark walnuty shade with polished chrome hardware. Color courtesy of many, many, many coats of Ebony wood stain, applied by me and the hubs. Hardware courtesy of Target and installed by my super sweet and talented bro. For, like, $50 bucks, we totally changed the looks of our cabinets. Now onto paint and other freshening. More photos to come.

Tonight, we went to the in-laws and I got to have a heated political discussion with my mom-in-law who is totes Democrat. Mama Hubs bleeds blue, peeps. LOVES talking smack with her about the Grandpa and the forked-tongue moose hunter. I will take this time to say that I realize that everyone I know does not share my political beliefs, including the few of you who lurk here, BUT, the election is important to me and I AM passionate about it (as I hope you are!) and it WILL be part of my blog postings for the next several months. I do not mean to offend or annoy but it is BUNNYGOROUND and I am BUNNY! :)

What I'm Cooking:
Sorry, y'all--not a lot of cooking going on and it doesn't look good for the near future. The hubs worked late last Thursday AND Friday. Saturday night I cooked up a premade meatloaf from Publix with green peas and mashed potatoes. Oh, yeah, these are my new favorite thing:


Yeah, so these are on sale at Publix this week so I decided to try them. Y'all, these are SO EASY! Nuke the bag for 10 minutes, dump out the potatoes, mash them with butter and milk. Done. So good, no peeling, no boiling, no lumps. AWESOME!

Sunday night, I made cheater pasta--jarred sauce (Classico Carmelized Onion and Garlic--really good!) with Italian sausage and mushrooms about to go sketchy and served it with a salad and the good crusty rolls, which we haven't had in a while.

Tonight, mom-in-law cooked lots of GOOD eats, tomorrow night is dinner with a friend, Wednesday night is business dinner, Thursday night the hubs works late so I am not sure I will cook again this week!

What I'm Listening To:
On the way home from the in-laws we were listening the The River, the local classic rock station, and I was rockin' out to You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC and Levon by Elton John.

What I'm Reading:
Still on One Mississippi. Didn't get much readin' done this weekend.

What's On My Mind
As I noted above, I am passionate about this election--so much so that I actually made a small contribution to the Democratic campaign this week, something I have never done before. I hope you all are educating yourselves about the candidates and seeking the truth. It is more important this year than ever to let FACTS, not FEAR, be the reason you cast your vote.

What's My Meem:
Today, the Meme is all about books.

Do you like to read?
Yup. Totes. My mom did a great thing when we were little by taking us to the library very often.

How do you find time to read?
Usually sneak it in before going to sleep or a couple of spare hours on the weekend.

Do you prefer adventures, biographies, histories, mysteries, romance or another genre?
Lighter chick lit with a "serious" modern literature thrown in every few books for good measure. NOT a lover of non-fiction as a whole.

Well, there it is! Hope you all have a great week--check back Wednesday for the Hump Day Holla!

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Cabinet look awesome!! I meant to also comment on the absence of the front porch. . . keep the pictures coming!