Tuesday, September 16, 2008

I Love It When A Plan Comes Together

So, it's not Hump Day Holla but I had to post the progress on Casa Bunny for the day, so here we go:


We have walls! We have a dormer! Woo-hoo! On the right side, that hole is where the front door will be with a small stoop/porch. In the front will be a huge picture window with sliders. If you look inside to the left, you will see three small openings--these will be three small, high set windows.


This is looking up into the dormer, which we are leaving open--sort of like a tray skylight. It's cool. We could have cut money leaving this off but that was the one thing we really wanted to keep.

What I'm Cooking:
Nothing. The hubs is working late, like, every night this week. I need to get a boyfriend. Seriously.

What I'm Listening To:
NEW DISCOVERY! Matthew Perryman Jones. Maybe I am behind the times, but he is an awesome singer-songwriter. LOVE! Currently listening, over and over, to Save You and Feels Like Letting Go. Brilliant lyrics--see:

Feels Like Letting Go
Oh my love
help me open my heart again
tear it open
let the rain fall in
wash this hardness underneath my skin
oh my love
let me hear your voice come through
I wanna know the love inside of you
make this dark heart believe in what is true

I know that in the dark there's a fear of letting go
I know that in my heart that I fear what I don't know
and this feels like I'm letting go
and this feels like I'm letting go
I'm letting go

Man, I would have been ALL ABOUT this shit in high school! Moody music, dude, moody music.

What I'm Reading:
Finished Walking in Circles Before Lying Down. Did not like. I am ready to read a really GOOD book that just gets my jones going. It's been a while. I need that.

What's On My Mind
Y'all, what's going on with the economy?? Seriously. Let's all pray for this country because it's heading into the shitter. Let's put aside the lipstick and pit bulls, the sexism, the CRAP and look at who can help this country the most. Personally, I think that is the Dem ticket. The Repubs have had 8 years and I'm just not willing to give them another 4 to make things right. Or kill us trying.

What's My Meem:
It's all about reading today, peeps.

What is the best book you have ever read?
Wow. Don't know that I can name one, but the best book I have read most recently is The Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks. It's about the plague and I would have never read it on my own but a friend gave it to me. It's great. Seriously. Also recently loved reading The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls.

What was your favorite book as a child? Why?
The Secret Garden and The Little Princess are two that come to mind. Both are by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

If you could write your own book, what would you call it?
Bunny Tales.

Have a good one, peeps! I'm off!

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Whoo Hoo - who would have thought that TWO dark books would make your "favs list" . . .Ladies & gentlemen, my work here is done. :)

See you in a bit!