Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Hump Day Holla: The Demo Begins!

Yo, yo peeps! Hammers started swingin' today at Casa Bunny! More specifically, a front end loader was here swinging at 7:45 a.m. and by 9 a.m., my porch was history:


So, yeah, I was INSIDE the house for that one, but they just ripped that sucker off and then some. Then, they started digging the trenches for the footings for the new room. As a reminder, here is the front of our house BEFORE:


Here it is following end of DAY 1.



The windows guy also came today so, hopefully, by the end of the week, we will have our siding, windows, door and shake ordered. Those are the "big ticket" items. Then we will have a better idea of budget.

Backing up, yesterday, there was not a whole lot of anything going on. I worked, the hubs ran errands and worked on bath cabinet touchups. I treated the hubs to dinner out last night (I had a BOOF coupon). We came home and I worked freelance and he watched tv. Woo-hoo.

Today, my bro came and put on my bath cabinet pulls and knobs. They look GREAT--he ROCKS! Shout out to the bro!! I will take photos and post once we are done-done with them. Still a few touch-ups to do.

What I'm Cooking:
Tonight, I FINALLY cooked again--I made the super yummy chicken piccata! See here:


I'm telling ya, this is SUPER tasty. Wine and butter make everything better, right???

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, Singing in the Rain by Jamie Cullum.

What I'm Reading:
I did decide to start One Mississippi, but I am not very far into it--it's aw-ight.

What's On My Mind
It's always about the Pud, so today I post two cute pics of the other two animals in our lives--Pepsi and KK:




I kept KK inside most of the day--well, at least 'til dudes left. I was worried the noise would drive her off. She found a corner to curl up in and the rest was history.

What' My Meem:
Ok, I changed the meem title since it wasn't daily anyway. Today's meem is about politics--wow! How apropos!

Have you registered to vote?
You betcha'. And yes, I will be there, Nov. 4, dudes. And you all better be there too.

How do you feel about the current candidates for upcoming offices in your country?
You mean McSame? I mean, McCain? Well, my motto at the start was A.B.W. (Anyone But W) but Palin scares me--deeply--so I am rooting for Obama more than ever.

Would you ever run for office?
Um, HELL no. But I would be great. I have NO scandal--no drugs, no affairs, no unwanted pregnancies.

If you could be nominated for a public office, what would it be?
Queen--all the power and money, no lawmaking responsibility.

Toodles! Come back soon to see the construction progress!

No comments: