Saturday, September 20, 2008

Dancing in September

Tomorrow is the first official day of FALL and can I tell you how STOKED I am? The last couple of days, you can really feel the first ting of cool in the air. Heck, the mornings are practically chilly. I LOVES IT! Fall is my favoritist season of all.

Anywho, things have been pretty quiet around Casa Bunny. Yesterday, it was work, grocery store and out to eat. And I bought some beer because I love beer but more so in the fall. I tried this:



I have figured out I like amber lagers, followed closely by amber ales and brown ales. And flavored wheats. This one is aw-ight. It ain't no Tommyknocker Maple Nut Brown.

Today, the hubs was off so I cleaned house this morning while he puttered in the yard. This afternoon we went off to, guess what??, look at home remodel stuff. I think the people at Home Depot and Lowes know us on site. Well, not really.

Tommorrow, I have a W-S cooking class followed by work and then the Emmys. Fun times.

What I'm Cooking:
Woo-hoo! I FINALLY cooked tonight! I made chicken alfredo pizza:


I haven't made this in a while, but it is yums. Alfredo sauce is the sauce, topped with grilled chicken, BACON, shredded parmesan and shredded mozzerella. I made this even more special by putting my new Marshall's 7-Herb Crust seasoning around the edge of the dough. Y'all--it was GREAT! I even dipped my leftover crust in some good olive oil. Yum! We had with a simple side salad with cukes and tomatoes (both store bought, for now!). PS, that black to the left is burned cheese. Burned cheese has totally 'effed up my pizza stone, dudes. Well, made it look crappy anyway.

What I'm Listening To:
September by Earth, Wind & Fire. What a great, get-down song.

What I'm Reading:
Still haven't started anything. I am HOPING to spend a few hours tomorrow reading. MAYBE.

What's On My Mind
My fall garden is starting to look like something! Look:


This is one of my 4 cuke plants. It is the one doing best right now. As you can see, it even had flowers already!


These are one batch of my sugar snap peas. I have another batch I planted later that are also doing well.


This is two of my English pea plants starting to come up.


This is my broccoli starting to come up. My first planting did zilch. My carrots have done zilch too. Oh, well. Can't win at everything and seeds are cheap.

What's My Meem:
Let's eat out, peeps.

When you go to a restaurant, do you usually order the same thing?
Not the same thing every time, but usually 1 of 3 or 4 favorites depending on my mood.

How often to you eat out?
More than I need to. On average, 1 to 2 times a week. This week, it was 4 times.

How far would you drive to go to a favorite restaurant?
5 or 6 hours...ha! The hubs and I have sorta made vacation plans based on food. But seriously, probably 1 hourish. At least within 1 hourish of my house, I ought to be able to find something good.

Well, goodnight, peeps! It's time for The Office: Disk 3. Be back soon!

No comments: