Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Yo, yo, coming at'cha from the back end of Hump Day, peeps. I have to admit it has been a shatty day, so the Bunny has been nipping a little tonight and I am a pillowcase to the wind. Ok, maybe a twin size sheet to the wind. So don't hold any grammar or spelling or other airoors. I mean arrors. I mean errors. against me. :)

So, things have been pretty dead and boring around Casa Bunny so I thought today would be a Hump Day Holla in pics. So, I bring you a few of my favorite things for now:


This is Pepsi barking. I don't think in 8 years I have ever taking a photo of the Pepster barking! So this is a favorite thing of mine now. I think it is high-larious!


This is our "summer" bed. We actually sold our regular summer comforter in prep for the remodel so we were stuck with using a quilt of my grandmothers for a cover. Mixed with the tickling shams and crewel pillow, I love it. And I love red. It's simple, quaint, perfect for summer.


A couple of weeks ago, Publix had Peter Pan BOOF, and I bought this honey flavor PB. It's really good! Great on toast. Excellent spread on a banana. A little much with jelly though, unless you LOVE sweet.


Another Trader Joe's coffee hit. Who would have thought us virgin coffee drinkers--who only started a few years ago--would love this extra dark roast? It is awesome. Smooth, not bitter, a kick in the pants after a late night.


I bought this cute little painting for the hubs recently. Cornbread is a Georgia folk artist and the hubs likes him muchly. His big pieces are tres expensive but this little postcard-size painting gave us a slice of Cornbread. Ha.


These are the books beside my bed right now. Ambitious stack, eh? Three Elizabeth Berg (fell in love after The Art of Mending), the Idiot Girl's Club(love the title), Instant Love (love the cover), Last Time I Was Me (which moms gave me after she read at beach and said was great), Beach House (which I don't really want to read because my sis told me it sorta sucked) and Joel Osteen (which has been there for, literally, a couple of years. Maybe I need to read for my best life. Like now.).


My little paper maiche clown, one of a pair. But you hate clowns, Bunny, you say. Well, yes, I hate those American-Ronald McDonald-white face-red ball nose-freaky clowns. But French-type folk arty clowns I can take. In small folk arty doses.


This is a GREAT rose wine that was on special at Trader Joe's recently. I bought four bottles and I have this one left. It is a perfect summer wine--light, not too sweet, yummy. The notes include strawberry and watermelon. And it was only $3.99 a bottle. What's not to love??


Story People by Brian Andreas. I have 8 of these. I don't love the art so much, but I love the sayings. This one is called "Real Reason": "There are things you do because they feel right & they may make no sense & they may make no money & it may be the real reason we are here: to love each other & to eat each other's cooking & say it was good." That's about a perfect life philosophy if you ask me.

What I'm Cooking:
It has been SO 'effin hot that we have been eating al fresco. Which means sandwiches. Last night, it was roast beef with provolone and spinach on french rolls with fresh cuke and tomato salads on the side. Tonight was two tomato sandwiches (yellow and Cherokee purple) with goat cheese on french rolls with cuke salad on the side. Yummy, easy cleanup, fresh, cool. Again, what's not to love?

What I'm Listening To:
Right now, I Can't Smile Without You by Barry Manilow.

What I'm Reading:
I will start on one of those books by my bed this weekend. Promise.

What's On My Mind
I am planning a fall garden--maybe broccoli, carrots, more cukes, maybe lettuces. Food is so expensive, esp. produce, and growing veggies is fairly easy and sort of empowering. I think I will give it a go.

Ok, I am a little ripped now. Maybe a double sheet. I started out with Sidecars (lemon juice, cognac, orange liqour) and graduated to a Screwdriver to keep the buzz so I think it is time for a good night's sleep. Later peeps!

No comments: