Friday, July 11, 2008

TGIF. Seriously, That's All I Got.

I am tired. Tuckered. Pooped. Wored down. I cannot wait to get this blog done and get in the bed. It's just me and a big ol' goblet of pinot noir (I mean, like, 16 ounces big) with you tonight. I want to make SURE I sleep REALLY WELL and the pinot is already starting to work, so I guess I better get a move on.

Sorry no pics this post peeps. I will try to take some around Casa Bunny tomorrow. It's just been one of those weeks. My hubs is at a show for work for six days so I will be flying solo this weekend. Well, technically, he sleeps here at night, but the past two days, he leaves at like 8 am and gets home around 10 pm or later. It's great--I am like a widow but without the life insurance settlement. I keed, I keed. I do sorta HATE it though. I am left here to do everything by myself and eat peanut butter and drink lots of wine. Of course, that last part ain't so bad...

I could have actually gone with him this weekend, but the thought of being on my feet for like 12 hours makes me weep. So, I have big plans here this weekend--clean the house, nap, freelance work, nap, maybe READ A BOOK. I have so much to do, it ain't even funny and I would love just to get a little rest this weekend between everything else.

Yesterday, Savannah went back to the vet and her sugar was ok, so we can wait a month before taking her back unless she has problems, so that was good news. Today, I had to go into ATL for work--I am SO glad I do not have to work in ATL. I mean, I like to visit but the older I get, the crankier I get about traffic. Though, if my hubs passed away, I would probably move to a big city. Or maybe to a terrifically small town. One extreme or the other. But somewhere with lots of gays so I could have a GBFF. I miss having a GBFF.

What I'm Cooking:
Not an 'effin thing. Seriously. With the hubs MIA, last night I ate some slider burgers made earlier in the week and the last of a bag of crispy crowns (I LOVE crispy crowns! They are like the muffin tops of tater tots. Yum!). Oh yeah, and I polished off a bottle of rose wine. Tonight, I ate my hubs leftovers he brought me home last night (woo-hoo). And I polished off a bottle of pinot. I think I see a trend....It ain't gonna get much better until mid-week.

What I'm Listening To:
Right this minute, Love's Divine by Seal. Yeah, Heidi Klum is a LUCKY lady. This is a beautiful song...here's some of the lyrics.

"Love's Divine"

Then the rainstorm came over me
And I felt my spirit break
I had lost all of my belief you see
And realized my mistake
But time threw a prayer to me
And all around me became still

I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me, now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

Through the rainstorm came sanctuary
And I felt my spirit fly
I had found all of my reality
I realize what it takes

'Cause I need love, love's divine
Please forgive me now I see that I've been blind
Give me love, love is what I need to help me know my name

What I'm Reading:
I HOPE to finish the book I was reading this weekend--we'll see

What's On My Mind
Not much beyond how hot this wine is making me feel. Whew! Or maybe it is perimenopause. Anyway, time to go...be back later this weekend taters!

No comments: