Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hump Day Holla

This ones gonna be a quick ones peeps. More like a hoot than a holla. It has been a long day and I have not been sleeping well and I have a big old headache.

Yesterday was pretty quiet but started off shitty because I got up thinking it was Wednesday. The rest of the day was work, work, work and not a lot of nothing else. Since I am off tomorrow I have been stressing out about getting my work done so I can be off. Anywho, today was basically more of the same and I am stressing out more because I did not get everything done. But right now I am about to go color my hair, take a shower, get a BIG glass of wine and plop my fat ass on the couch to watch So You Think You Can Dance then I am going to bed. Because I don't give a shit right now.

What I'm Cooking:
Last night, I made a new recipe that I got from my daily Everyday Food email--Chicken Piccata. I was FAB-U-LOUS! So easy too. I pounded some chicken breasts thin, lightly dusted them with flour, sauteed them up then made a sauce of wine, lemon juice, butter and capers. Served with spinach and pasta on the side. I forgots to take a photo but it was pretty too! I will definitely be making again. As the hubs says, it was delush (cross because delicious and luscious).

Tonight, I marinated a pork tenderloin in lemon pepper marinade then grilled it and sliced it up and served it with steamed broccoli and those little sweet potato patties. Nothing special or new but easy to clean up--the pork was grilled, the sweet taters I cooked in the oven on a tin foil covered cookie sheet, the broccoli was cooked in a Ziploc steamer bag. Easy peasy cleanup. THAT I LOVE on a night like tonight esp.

What I'm Listening To:
Sam Cooke. After I mentioned him earlier in the week, I started singing him, then pulled out the CD. Buy it. Really. You won't be sad about it.



What I'm Reading:
Well, I bragged too soon. I have been doing freelance work that last two nights and have not been able to start another book. Oh well.

What's On My Mind
Tomorrow night's GEORGE MICHAEL CONCERT! WOOT! I guess I am going. I have not heard from my ride since Monday. If not, I guess it will be Mexican and margaritas tomorrow night. If not, I will be back Friday with a review! I will try to take photos peeps! Check back on Friday!

No comments: