Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Yo, yo peeps--coming at you late tonight but I'm being faithful and doin' my thing. First, I have to share the funniest blog post title I read today:

It's the dog days of summer, and I'm the bitch

I thought of a way to make it even funnier:

It's the dog days of summer, and I'm a bitch in heat
The play on words--ooooo! Ain't I clever??

Anyway, since we parted ways, things have picked up a little. Yesterday we took Savannah to the vet and her sugar was low. It's a long story and I don't want to bore you with the details, but DAMN! Can't we get this straightened out?? And I have about lost faith in all my vets but one. Sigh.

Next, I have to address the Christian Bale SCANDAL since I raved about him here earlier in the week. First of all, let me say that in no way, shape or form do I condone violence against women--even if the woman is being a raving psycho bitch. That said, if this turns out to be true, then he is definitely off my Top 10 and forever shunned by the Bunny.

HOWEVER, the gossip blogs are reporting that CB and his mum did not have a sterling relationship (he lived with his dad since he was 17), that she was talking smack about CB's wife (so he would get points for defending his woman if that is true) and, for the love of Satan, the woman used to be a CLOWN! A performing CLOWN! Now, in my book, that is enough reason to hit her right there. Because anyone who knows me knows I hate (and by "hate" I mean "have an abnormal fear of") 3 things: 1) Clowns 2) Midgets 3) Heights. So yeah, I ain't gonna be running out to see a midget clown high-wire act.

But I digress. Though I have read that CB has sort of a temper, I also think it is EXTREMELY sketchy that these charges appear immediately after CB has like THE BIGGEST weekend of his professional career. Hmmm...trying to get attention anyone?? Or moola?? So, I still support CB for now. After all, can something this pretty really be that bad??!??


Seriously. On other note, his PR people so far deserve a raise. The situation has been handled VERY well by his team.

Last night, I had to do some work for the non-profit I volunteer for (the one I am co-chairing the dinner for) and, other than that, it's been pretty quiet. I have been spending a lot of time online visiting "frugal" blog sites and "mommy" bloggers looking for tips to cut our budget any way I can. With this remodel coming up, we are going to have to watch our pennies for a little bit. I have found some good tips, but most of the peeps have kids and their bargains center around back to school and diapers. But I have learned some good stuff and found some high-larious blogs, so it's all good.

So today I had a stressful morning with work--I won't even go into it but to say that I was PISSED OFF and am SO TIRED of giving other people grace when I get none in return. Speaking of grace, I am listening to this:


I pretty much LOVE me some Joel Osteen and if I lived anywhere near Houston, I would be rolling up into Lakewood every Sunday. He is great. You can't help but feel good after listening to him. But my quest to become better isn't starting out so great--it's only day 2 and I have not listened to today's lesson...but the day is not over yet!

So here is me in my new glasses:


They is aw'ight. They are really hard plastic so wearing them all day makes behind my ears sorta hurt by the end of the day. They are bold, that's for sure. When I look at this photo though, I'm thinking 1) "DAYUM! When did my forehead get so high? Is my hairline receding?" 2) "My face is so OVAL, like a big platter head." and 3) "I REALLY need a brow wax before I start to resemble Groucho Marx. But, wait! Maybe I can brush my eyebrows up over my HUGE FOREHEAD."

What I'm Cooking:
As I was about to eat my pasta salad yesterday for lunch, I though "this is pretty, I should take a photo" so I did:


See, pretty, right?? Those are my vinegared cukes next to it. Today for lunch, I went out with a former coworker and tonight I made the Fabulous Wet Burritos. Nothing terribly exciting, but I am terribly excited about this:


The local peaches my hubs brought home last night! WOOT! These things are MONSTERS! To illustrate:


The small peach is one bought last week at a local touristy produce stand. The HONKING HUGE peach was bought at the local peach grove. Can't wait to eat these--cobbler, grilled peaches, just with ice cream. If anyone has any good peach ideas, let me know. And Georgia Belles, the QUEEN of peaches, come in in about 2 weeks! Cannot wait!

What I'm Listening To:
More George Michael today--the concert is NEXT WEEK! I have read it is spectacular!

What I'm Reading:
I gave up on my other book but have yet to start another. But I have been reading a lot of blogs....

What's On My Mind
That it is time to go to bed. So, be good dudes and I'll be back soon!

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Love the new glasses. . . I keep threatening that I'm going to get some just as a fashion statement. But somewhere in the recesses of my brain, there's a karma haunt that makes me think that might make my eyes go bad for sure.