Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Well, peeps, I feel like I have been humped and hung out to dry so I guess it is a good day for hump day holla. I am weary. Bone weary, I tell ya. Between Aunt Flo visiting, worrying about the dog and trying to get a whole bunch of shayt done before the holiday, it's been a crapola day.

To recap yesterday, we had to take Savannah back to the vet. And her sugar was high. REAL, REAL high. Like 400+. So now we are all confused about what's going on and I am worried to death about her and poking her all night to make sure she is not in a doggie diabetic coma. Lawd. And every time we take her for curves, it's like $100. And we have to go back tomorrow. And there will probably be AT LEAST 2 or 3 more trips and that's if things go WELL. Lawd.

Today, I worked all day and put out fires while keeping one eyeball on the dog for signs of distress. It's really wearing, I tell you. I took my blood pressure today and it was high. It's really no wonder, right??

What I'm Cooking:
Last night, we had leftover Fabulous Wet Burritos, corn and black bean salsa and chips. Tonight, I decided to grill chicken. I pounded out the chicken thin (a meat tenderizer is a GREAT thing when you are stressed!) and basted them in this while they were on the grill:


That Trader Joe is one hella dude! This was really good. I served the chicken up with this:


Archer Farms strikes again! The risotto is awesome, the rice is great! And, for veggies, I threw together a tomato, onion and cuke salad and dressed it with a little ranch dressing. Here it all is plated:


Mmm, Mmm, Good!

What I'm Listening To:
My heart beat and my dog sigh. And me sigh.

What I'm Reading:
Book came to a screeching halt with all the dog drama. Maybe tomorrow night...

What's On My Mind
Dog. Beer. Dessert. Hmmm....think I turn to alcohol and food in times of stress??

Well, sorry to cut this short but I am going to go grab a beer and throw my fat ass on the couch and watch So You Think You Can Dance. I need a mindless night of nothing. Be back at'cha over the holiday weekend. Be good, be safe, pray Savannah is better tomorrow.

1 comment:

Elisabeth7291 said...

Hey - I told Amy H. she needs to give you a call. . .she took her pup to the vet yesterday. She's been drinking like crazy & getting mad when there's no water left, peeing like a maniac, not as interested in normal in food & doesn't want to go on walks anymore. Sound familiar? They did a complete blood work-up & she gets the results on Tuesday.

Sorry 'vannah's having it rough on the holiday weekend. E