Saturday, July 19, 2008

A Good Day

So today was a good day, peeps. Yes, indeed it was. Yesterday was more catching up for work and last night I spent some of the evening working and the rest of the evening updating my Shelfari site--it is sort of like an online book journal. I am trying to figure out how to connect it to blogger but apparently I have to do something to my blog site before I can so maybe later.

Today, I slept a little later, then worked in the garden a bit. Here is PART of my haul:


Yo! Cukes coming out of our ears! I gave like half a dozen to our neighbor. The hubs and I have been eating lots of cuke sandwiches. Our tomatoes look like they may finally be coming to life--I did pick that one little-bitty one. Maybe in a few weeks, those will be coming out of our ears.

Then, I had to go over to the nearby outlet malls because I had a return and had to buy bras. Can I tell you how much buying bras arses me? Hate it. So I found a couple bras at the Lane Bryant outlet, then decided to roll up into the Williams Sonoma outlet where they were having a hella sale. I had to throw down with all the ATL soccer moms, but I prevailed and looks what I gots:




Pretty, pretty tablecloth for 70% off which made it $10! And iced tea spoons for $3. Not something we need but I have been wanting some for a while so I was glad to get them for a deal. I was pleasantly happy with my take.

Then, I went to my niece's birthday party. I sent the hubs out to buy a bag the other day and this is what he came back with:


Pink and purple and princesses and kitties and usable wands and handles that turn into necklaces. When asked why he would buy such a bag--something I would have never seen him buying--he said "I thought she would like it." Then, when asked how much it was, I almost passed out--$5!! I buy the cheapo plain bags so I guess that makes me a sucky aunt and him a fabu uncle.

After the party, the whole fams went out for dinner and I asked the youngins to make funny faces and promised to post them for kicks and giggles, so here they are:








Top to bottom: Andrew making frowny face, Drew with my bangle as a nose ring, Matthew with a googly-eyed grin and Kate sticking out her tongue.

What I'm Cooking:
Last night was the first night I had cooked in several and I was totally off my game. I don't often totally muck up a meal, but I decided to cook this coconut ginger rice I had from Archer Farms and serve it with shrimp in orange ginger sauce and steamed broccoli. Well, the shrimp were good but that rice tasted like arse. Ginger-covered arse. So we ate the shrimp and broccoli, but I felt sorta bad so I decided to make peach crumbles from this stash the hubs had brought home:


Those are some hella good peaches, dudes! They are white fleshed and sweet and yummy! THAT'S the kinda peaches I'm talkin' 'bout peeps! And I can't wait to do something with those blueberries. Maybe I will do something with the peaches and blueberries TOGETHER! Damn skippy!

What I'm Listening To:
I am TOTALLY hooked on Forever by Chris Brown. I have had it on constant loop the past 24 hours. I think the hubs is totally sick of it. It is an awesome song! I first heard it this week on So You Think You Can Dance--one of the couples did a hip-hop routine to it. It is SO good! I dare you not to dance when it's playing. LOVE!

What I'm Reading:
Oh no! I just got a batch of mags from the sis but I am still working on my book. I am finding it hard to get into so I don't know whether I should keep ploughing ahead in the hopes it gets better or cut my losses and bail.

What's On My Mind
I have a great family and I love them lots. I need to spend more time with my nephews and niece because they are all awesome kids and I don't want to regret not getting to know them better one day.

Have a great, great Sunday peeps! We are off to see The Dark Knight tomorrow so next time I'm here I will give a review. Bye!

1 comment:

robin w said...

Oh my gosh-- that's what an afternoon of birthday parties and large amounts of sugar will do to you!