Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Dark Day's Knight

Another good day, peeps. Sorta laid back and not a lot going on. We slept lateish, I made breakfast and then I worked on my Shelfari. I know it seems crazy, but I am trying to get all my books in order--what I have read, what I want to read, what I am reading, what I've borrowed, what I've lent out. Just another aspect of my life that needs organization. I just wish I had more time to read--recently it seems all I ever do is work. Of course, in the time I have worked on Shelfari, I probably could have read a book! Ha!

So anyway, we went to see The Dark Knight today and, I have to say, I was a little disappointed. First of all, it is 2.5 hours which is about 30 minute too long. And all of the things I loved about Batman Begins--the character development, the backstory, lots of Christian Bale--are all missing in this movie. It tries to be an action movie, but it even fails at that--there was only one scene (where a semi flips over) that was "wow" worthy to me.

Overall, my review is that it was GOOD but not GREAT. I liked Iron Man better I think. It was too dark, too violent and too much Aaron Eckhart. I mean, he's cute and all (I love me a good cleft chin!) but it is a BATMAN movie and I don't think there was much Batman to it. Anyway, I will leave you with this to savor:


Sigh. This still ALMOST makes it worth it. I just wish somebody would give Christian Bale a good romantic comedy where he could talk in his native tongue--get your mind out of the gutter! I mean British! He would be a great Mr. Darcy! I do really like him as an actor--I only watched Batman Begins after seeing The Prestige. If you have never seen The Prestige I highly recommend it--it is so complex and twisty turny and a great thriller and just really leaves you thinking.

What I'm Cooking:
Well, I have been cookin' up a storm today! First, I made French toast this morning. Then for dinner, I marinated and grilled steaks and served them with the good Ore-Ida roasted potatoes and a salad--I had some mozzerella that was 2 days past due so I sliced it thin (it was in a block) and layered it with thinly sliced Roma tomatoes and fresh basil then liberally drizzled it with olive oil and red balsamic vinegar. YUM! I hope my Roma's come in so we can have this a couple more times this summer.

Then, after dinner, I made some pasta salad for lunch. The hubs and I are trying to cut our food budget--and eating out budget--so I whipped up four hefty serving of pasta salad featuring elbow macaroni, the rest of the mozzerella cut into tiny cubes, diced fresh tomatoes, fresh basil and oregano, and a can of the Trader Joe's marinated bean salad. I thought about adding tuna but decided against it. I hope it turns out well.

What I'm Listening To:
Still TOTALLY hooked on Forever by Chris Brown.

What I'm Reading:
Well, you can now see what I am reading--The Lost Art of Keeping Secrets--which I am going to go work on as soon as I am off the blog.

What's On My Mind
I hope this is a better, less stressful week than last!

Later taters!

No comments: