Tuesday, June 24, 2008

It's All About Me

OK, I have nothing much new to tell, so tonight I will be sharing several photos with you. The last two days have basically been about playing catchup with work, both professional and freelance, so not a lot going on; however, I have dinner plans the next two nights so you peeps may not be hearing from me again until Friday.

First up, pics of the dogters from vaca:


Beach babes! Take a look at that tongue--I swear all they did all week was PANT!


Savannah, the Princess, sleeping on my CASHMERE throw! Sigh. At least my dog has good taste.


How funny is this pic? I call it "Pooped Puddin'"


Yo-Yo! Pep-sta in the house, y'all!


Onto a garden pic--look how my garden grew while I was gone!


I mean, everything EXPLODED. I have several cocktail pickle size cukes and a couple of green tomatoes. I am a little bummed though because my tomato plants, while hughish, don't have many blossoms. Maybe some epsom salts would help....

Here is a cool mag we picked up on vaca...y'all know we are doing a bungalow look with our remodel, right??


I also have bought a couple of books on bungalow exteriors. That is my biggest fear--coordinating the siding, windows, door, roof, trim, gutters and everything else on the exterior so it doesn't look like a mess! I mean, when this stuff goes up, it's gonna be up for 20, 30 years so we better like it or we are 'effed big time!

What I'm Cooking:
Let's see...last night I made this new recipe--crab & orzo salad. Except I didn't use orzo, I used ditalini (sort of like straight elbows). It was the pasta mixed crab, tomatoes, onion, sundried tomatoes and artichoke hearts and dressed with a mixture of dijon mustard, white balsamic vinegar, garlic and olive oil. And I added fresh basil AND oregano. It was good, and even better today when the flavors melded and it was chilled. Served with Wheatsworth crackers which are my faves.

Tonight, I grilled chicken breasts marinated in this:


This is GOOD though the first ingrediant IS high fructose corn syrup. Even the hubs said "this is good!" and he rarely comments on meals. I served it with a salad of butter lettuces, campari tomatoes and Vidalia onions (and used the Kraft dressing!) and Four Cheese Risotto from Archer Farms. I also grilled up this with the chicken:


WOOT! My VERY FIRST PICK from the garden! I sliced that puppy in long strips and tossed with a little olive oil, salt and pepper and grilled it on the top rack. YUMMERS! Last year, the 'effin groundhog DESTROYED my squash plants so I am so glad to get ONE this year at least!

What I'm Listening To:
I am embarrased to admit it, but I am currently hooked on 4 Seconds by Madonna. I don't even LIKE Madonna all that much but it has an AWESOME background beat!

What I'm Reading:
Still wading through my mags.

What's On My Mind
I ordered a book yesterday about making bread so that will be something interesting to report on in upcoming weeks! I am excited about it--I LOVE fresh baked bread. We also will be getting Part 2 of Season 2 of The Office tomorrow from Netflix. The hubs and are ALL ABOUT on The Office right now. I have mentioned my affinity for Steve Carell before on this blog. And, yeah, we went and saw Get Smart Sunday. It was pretty good!

Like I saids, it may be Friday before I return but be good until then!

No comments: