Friday, June 06, 2008

Friday Funk Fest

Ok, y'all, it ain't been a good day, but the show must go on so here I post. Yesterday, I had to roll up in the ATL for a meeting for work which took the better part of the day. And can I just say, Lord above, it has been ROASTING HOT in the GA this week and we ain't even to summer proper yets!

The hubs was off yesterday so he rolled with me. After the meeting, we decided to swing by a door and window showroom to look at yet some MORE doors and windows for the remodel. To replace our existing windows, buy windows for the addition and buy a new front door it is going to be like $6000. Who knew this shit was SO 'EFFIN EXPENSIVE??? We are buying top of the line though because I am telling you now--this shit is not going to be replaced again by me! The next time someone replaces it will be because I am in my condo in Boca or dust in a urn. Get me??

Plus, SUPPOSEDLY, all this stuff we are getting is more energy efficient. All I is saying is we better be seeing a steep drop in the electric bill to help pay for it all. Of course, there will be a 20% savings and the electric rates will go up 20% so that = us screwed. Oh well. So here is the glass in the door we are thinking about:


Very pretty on paper (sorry, I couldn't figure out how to get the whole door but it don't matter anyway 'cuz the glass is configured all different ways) but in person--who knows?? The door is NEW and BACKORDERED ('Eff me! Of course it is!) so we haven't seen it IN PERSON yet, but the hubs and I have a pact that no door is ordered until seen in person. Why you say? Because we were all ready to plunk down $1000 for this beautiful Craftsman door and then saw it, accidentally, in a showroom and it looked like CRAP! So until we know that stained glass doesn't look like a plastic bubble gum ring, the door is on hold. Guess we will just have a gaping hole in the front of the house.

By the time we got home, it was late and I had GOBS of work to do so I worked, on my REAL job, until like 9 p.m. last night. THEN I did freelance. I honestly don't know WHY I said it was boring around here--it is boring in the terms of nothing fun, but it is NOT boring in terms of the AMOUNT of stuff to do. I have SO MUCH SHIT to get done in the next week before vacation it ain't even funny. Freelance jobs. Work work. Finance our remodel. Last minute errands for meds, hair dye and sunscreen. Sigh. I need a personal assistant. Sometimes I just don't think it pays to go on vacation--you rush around getting ready to go, go and are worried the whole time about what you are missing, and get back and rush around getting caught up.

Tonight was grocery night which meant eat out. We had Chinese. I also scored me a bottle of wine because our single neighbor lady came over earlier in the evening and wanted me to help her move a rug in her house. Which I did. Then moved another out. I really did not mind but she pulled a bottle of chilled white out of the fridge to give me as a thank you. Dude! Good deeds are rewarded and the Lord above KNEW I needed that wine after today!!

What I'm Cooking:
Last night, I decided to do country cooking, which I am not really good at. I bought some cube steak and prepped it up. Then I sauteed some frozen breaded squash in olive oil. I was going to have lima beans, but then I realized I didn't have any, so I fixed frozen black eyed peas. I also made some gravy (from one of those mixes) and heated up some frozen biscuits. It was a'ight but too..frozen. That stuff is always better fresh from the garden. The steak was good though--tender. And it was all sort of labor intensive on a night where I was already tired and had lots to do which spoiled it even more for me.

What I'm Listening To:
Nothing today.

What I'm Reading:
Still nada.

What's On My Mind
Should I have ice cream or beer? Would it be bad to have both? If yes, which order should I have them in?

Have a good night y'all. Be back at ya soon!

No comments: