Sunday, May 04, 2008

Where'd the Weekend Go?

I mean, really, it seems like Saturday morning was about an hour ago. Time just flies so fast folks. Really. The older you get, the faster it goes.

Today was a pretty laid back day at Casa Bunny. We arose pretty late for us--9 a.m.--and piddled around for a bit. Later in the morn, the hubs went outside to work in the yard, where he stayed most of the day, and I cleaned, cooked and did some freelance work and also some work work. I got behind a little last week with the dogter's illness.

So, we watched Lars and the Real Girl last night. It was a little slow but funny. Not "tears down face funny" but "quirky humor funny." It was a little sad too. The movie didn't explain a lot of why Lars did what he did--you really had to take some mental leaps and intellectual guesses to figure out what was going on. But I liked it. I would give it 3.5 out of 5 stars.

In between doing all of my other stuff today, I spent about 30 minutes outside planting my new herbs. Here are some pics:



Left to right: Dill, oregano and thyme in one pot; sage, which is blooming; and more oregano.



Left to right: Lime basil; Italian basil and spicy basil; and another pot of dill, oregano and thyme. That little plant on the right is my Cherokee Purple heirloom tomato I bought yesterday. I need to get it in the ground but I am waiting for my other plants to come from Burpee which STILL ARE NOT HERE! I am really peeved with Burpee and sent them a note which I still have not received a reply to. I, mean, they've had my money, FOR THREE WEEKS, but I have NO plants and NO idea when I am going to get them. Bad customer service.

What I'm Cooking:
Bow down, y'all--I made lunch AND dinner today! OK, lunch was just egg salad, but it was so good. I added some fresh dill from the herb pot garden and the egg salad was warm and I served it on soft wheat buns. MMMM! I also made a big picture of iced tea with about three lemons in it--good and lemony like I like it.

For dinner, I made some Ore-Ida Home Fries (which were buy one, one free at the market this week)--we had never had them before and they were quite good. And I made feta burgers which are hamburgers with feta cheese and Knorr Spinach Dip mix mixed in. They are really good. The recipe is on the Knorr website. I served it with a side of tomato-onion salad--some chopped Roma tomatoes that were about to go bad, the other chopped half of a huge Vidalia onion I used in another recipe earlier in the week and fresh chopped basil, all drizzled with balsamic vinegar and EVOO. Yum. I had a Corona with mine.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention we ate BOTH of our meals on the deck today--our first outside eatin' of the year!

What I'm Listening To:
The dryer tossing the last few minutes of towels that need to be folded.

What I'm Reading:
I finished that chick-lit book today. Like I said, it wasn't that challenging but was a nice, enjoyable read.

What's On My Mind
I just got one of these emails earlier today, so I have to say that one of my annoyances are people who hit "reply to all" when they shouldn't. PAY ATTENTION FOLKS! I don't want to read your message back, I don't want to receive your message back and I just think you are 'effin stupid because you don't know how to simply hit "reply" (or you must be an ego-tard [egotistical retard] who thinks everyone wants to know that you are replying).

OK, time to start thinking about bed. Happy Cinqo de Mayo tomorrow, peeps! If I don't post tomorrow, you will know it was a good one for me!!

No comments: