Saturday, May 03, 2008

Sa-Sa-Sa-Saturday Night

Those of you who are truly old will get the title of this blog--S-A-T-U-R-D-A-Y NIGHT! Woot! Bay City Rollers!

Anyway, folks, here we are on Saturday eve and I do not know where the day has gone. Wow. Here's the catch up of the past few days.

First, I spoke to soon about Savannah being on the mend. I took her out for a walk Thursday evening and, let me tell you, I have never seen such nasty stuff come out of human or beast. She pooped this DISGUSTING wad of mucus-encapsulated diarreahea. With blood in it. Needless to say, I freaked out a little, called the vet who said it sounded like she had colitis (simply put, an irritation/infection of the colon, apparently brought on by her intestinal virus earlier in the week) and we could come get some medicine the next morning. But, first, we had to make it through the night. So, it was ANOTHER night of sleepless, poop-cleanup duty.

I actually did get a few hours of fitful shut-eye on the couch between 2 and 6 a.m. If I was Martha Stewart, I would have been fresh as a daisy Friday. However, I am the type of person who needs a minumum of 8 hours of sleep, 9 hours preferred. So, Friday was rougher than my heels after winter. Which is why I didn't post. Because about 2 p.m., I hit the sleepy wall. I even made coffee mid-afternoon but it did nothing for me. Luckily, it was Friday Night Eat Out so we went to the Waffle House, the grocery store and then I was in bed at 9 p.m. After taking a honkin' Tylenol PM to ensure I would sleep well. And I did. 10 wonderful hours of solid sleep. Bliss.

Poor hubs slept on the couch to keep an eye on the dogter last night. I lovingly informed him it was his turn, as in "damnit, it's your damn turn tonight, dude." Of course, as Fate would have it, she was perfect last night and no mid-night pooping. Bitch. Really. That little bitch. Sometimes I just think she hates me.

Anywho, today we met with our contractor and designer about our remodel and we all agreed on a look so we are progressing forward with designs. Excitement! It is all a little nerve wracking though--so much money and so many things to consider. I told the hubs if we are done by Christmas, I will be surprised. Of course, the whole process took HOURS so by the time everyone left, we just ate a bite and laid down for a nap. We both have had a rough couple of night with the dogter and were just bone tired.

After naps, we went for a little ride to some local nurseries. I bought three different kinds of basil--Italian, Spicy and Lime. Last year we had a bumper crop of tomatoes, and I thought if we did again this year, I wanted plenty of basil on hand to make great salads. I am excited about the Lime basil--sounds like it will be fab-u-lous in salsa!

Since we were already out, we just grabbed a quick bite to eat at the local greasy spoon. It sounded good at the time, but now my stomach is sort of turning. Maybe a beer will calm it down. Ha.

What I'm Cooking:
Tune in later this week--lots of good stuff planned (if no more dog drama keep me up and eating out!)

What I'm Listening To:
My dogs whining and carrying on as the hubs prepares their dinner.

What I'm Reading:
Started a new book--yeah!--but it is simple chick-lit sleuthy-thing. Since I just read a "hard one," I had to stagger with a non-challenging pick.

What's On My Mind
Ok, this is a new one. It's just sort of a place for me to put odd thoughts or cool words or sayings or annoyances that I am fixated on. For today, here it is--it annoys the hell out of me when people are waiting in line, and then when it is their turn, they are not ready. Like standing in line to order at a restaurant and then getting to the counter, but you haven't made your decision. Or waiting in line at the Walmart pharmacy, and then cashing out and having to fumble for your insurance card or wallet/money. DAM-YUM PEEPS--GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER! Seriously. You should be ready to go when it is your turn. Remember how annoyed you were when you were waiting?? Yeah, well that's the way everyone feels about YOU now.

Well, it's Saturday movie night, so I gots to go. I will give a review of the movie on my next blog--it is Lars and the Real Girl, which is supposed to be a quirky indy flick. We'll see. Sometimes we love those (Little Miss Sunshine) and other times we don't (Junebug--actually, we loved Amy Adams in Junebug, but she was the only good thing in it). G'night!

No comments: