Thursday, May 08, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring....

My whole life is boring me to tears. Actually, that first part ain't true but that second part is. It was supposed to be all stormy and stuff here today and it has rained so far for maybe 5 minutes. Not that I want the bad storms we had back in March but things are getting pretty dry, which does not bode well for the summer ahead.

So after my blog yesterday, the rest of the day was pretty much a snooze. Lunch out with a friend (which was great--had not seen her in a while) then work, work, work. I had a splitting headache by the end of the day so I asked the hubs to go out so we ran to Target for a few things then went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner--I don't know why but it appealed. I had a TALL beer and a burger, which, honestly, was not as good as I remembered it being. Then home, a little TV and bed.

Today, my hubs was off so his dad, Pop, came down to help him construct some yard art. I love my Pop--he is a good man with old-school, self-taught skills like changing the oil in your car and constructing just about anything you could want. I wish he was about a decade younger and I would hire him to do our remodel. Anyway, here are the fruits of their day:


Garden bench crafted out of old gate and new wood


Garden fence crafted out of old gate and new wood


Birdie condo village from birdhouses Pop made mounted on platforms

See, Pop is mad talented. I have told the hubs for years he should have been out in the barn watching Pop be crafty when he was growing up rather than in the house being a geek reading a book. Where has the geek got him? Uh, nowhere. But those crafty skills would come in mad handy with a house.

What I'm Cooking:
Tonight I made Chicken Carbonara for dinner, a Kraft recipe. I boiled 3 chicken breasts, then diced them and mix with a cup of frozen peas, instant rice, water and cream of chicken soup. Bring to a boil to cook rice and peas, which "thickens" the mixture. Serve with crumbled bacon and parm cheese on top. It is a pretty dish--I should have taken a photo. Served with salad with pecans and golden raisins and the good crusty rolls.

What I'm Listening To:
My dog grunting like a pig while she rolls around on the floor.

What I'm Reading:
No progress on book, folks. Sigh.

What's On My Mind
That it's pretty damn sad that your life is so boring that you cannot even find something to write about EVERY other day! Oh well.

TGIF tomorrow AND it's payday! Woot!
Have a good night!

No comments: