Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Sorry to go AWOL peeps. I have been feeling pretty crappy-do the past couple of days. I think it is a combo of last week's dog drama catching up with me, my friend Flo visiting this week and a little sinus situation on top. Anyway, I feel ROUGH today--tired, mild headache, just blah.

I really don't have much to report anyway. Monday night, we went to dinner at the local cantina with my bro and his fams to celebrate Cinqo de Mayo, so I did get to have my big 'ol margarita. Monday and Tuesday day were basically filled with work, work, work--I am a little behind, again the dog drama of last week catching up with me, so I have been working overtime to get back on track. Yesterday, I started early and worked late (which is why I don't feel all that bad about blogging in the middle of work time!)

My new Crocs arrived yesterday--it was an early birthday gift to me. I decided to order a summer style so here they are:



Now, I know Crocs are not pretty, but they are DAYUM comfortable. I don't think I have took them off but to sleep since I got them yesterday. Plus, you don't have to worry about gooping them up with water or dirt or dog poop if you go outside because you can hose them off. I chose slides because I am really not a flip-flop girl--I really don't like things between my toes. PS, don't look at my skanky toes! I know, I know! I am going to try to get a pedi this week!

Here are some funny pics and a funny story. Savannah goes CRAZY every time I turn on the digital camera and am using it. Something about all the little beeping noises it makes drives her insane. This morning, when I was downloading my Crocs photo, she came running FROM ACROSS THE HOUSE when she heard the camera, going cuckoo. Here are the photos of her:



This is her thumping her tail, whining and growling, looking like evil devil dog.



This is her seconds later getting ready to HOWL! HOWL, y'all! I don't know why the camera disjoints her so but it is quite comical yet somewhat disturbing. At least she is back to "normal."


What I'm Cooking:
Like I said, I had Monday lunch with a friend, Monday night out, Sunday leftovers for lunch yesterday, but last night I made Tuna Orzo salad. It is a pasta-like salad that's great for the warm months. We ate it quite a bit last summer. It is a Rachel Ray recipe--tuna, small pasta (I actually used Fiori rather than orzo last night because I had a box in the cupboard I'd had for a while), chopped bell pepper, chopped grape tomato, chopped red onion, chickpeas, fresh basil and feta dressed with red wine vinegar and olive oil. Serve with a hearty wheat cracker (we like Wheatsworth). Very refreshing and light. No heating up the stove.

What I'm Listening To:
Yesterday and Monday, running errands, I was listening to a mix CD I made, and kept repeating Seasons of Love from Rent.

What I'm Reading:
I started a new book but have not gotten very far. It is so hard to read during the week. I will report back later.

What's On My Mind
That I would sell my soul to make this headache go away. Not really. But I am SO LOOKING FORWARD to vaca in a few weeks!!!!!

C-y'all later taters!

No comments: