Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mom's Day!

Hope all the mothers of children human and furry had a great day today! It has been a busy weekend and it ain't over yet, but I decided to squeeze in a quick post as I have about 20 minutes to do so.

First of all, I need a good night's sleep. I have been worrying too much about the damn dog again and it must stop. Friday night, after signing off, I had a big 'ol cocktail (whiskey and Coke Zero) to help me sleep, but then storms woke me about 4 a.m. and I never went back to sleep. Same thing again last night (drink AND storms!). Sigh.

Anywho, I arose Saturday morning and decided to hit Wally World before meeting my moms for a pedicure. Since we have been eating outside a lot, I picked up the following items for outdoor dining:



A tray will make it SO much handier to take stuff outside and the pitcher is so pretty--it reminds me of the Gulf of Mexico--and old-fashioned looking with the bubbly "glass."

Moms and I got our toes done. I sprung for the deluxe pedi for moms--I got a brow wax instead of the deluxe. I mean, I was beginning to resemble Big Foot with the brows. Here is the “after” of the peds:



Much better, eh? And, yes, I have tiny toenails. Trust me, the little Asian folks at the nail place I go always have to remark on my tiny toenails. Which is odd because I gots big 'ol feets.

Then, it was home to clean house and an afternoon of errands in suburban ATL--take back a lipstick to MAC (and I got a FREE one--MAC has a great program where you bring in six used containers and get a free lipstick! And I loves me some lipstick--it is my favorite!), buy hair gel at Ulta (which they did not have and I panicked and thought Matrix was not making my gel anymore! But I looked it up on the Internet and, apparently, Matrix is still making it so not sure why Ulta was out), exchange some dog food...exciting stuff, I tell you and, to make it even more exciting, there were TONS OF PEOPLE out, shopping for Mom’s Day I guess, and it was a Charlie Foxtrot of madness everywhere I went.

I arrived at Casa Sis at 5 p.m. for the oldest nephew’s b-day party. He is 7 years old, peeps! I can remember the day he was born like it was yesterday. Wow. So, we partied down and hard with the chil'ins (ha!) and I was close to 10 p.m. getting home. It is a sad day when a 5 year old outlasts you partying.

This morning, my dogters gifted me with my Mom’s Day gift:



I loves it! Now, I have to make sure Pepsi doesn’t eat it--she sometimes likes to chew on wood. I also bought the following bouquet for myself:



I love alstroemeria lilies--they are simple, come in lots of pretty colors and, most of all, remind me of my wedding.

We met the in-laws for lunch, the back to the house for pie and gifts with Mama B (the hubs moms). Then a nap! Yeah! Tonight, my ‘rents came over for dinner. I was going to grill pork loin chops, marinated in lemon pepper marinade, but started to fire up the grill and realized the propane tank had tanked. Screw me. So, I tossed the chops on the stove to fry up instead. Served them with lima beans, corn souffle, crusty rolls, iced tea and, for dessert, cranberry walnut tart with ice cream. I don't know about my folks, but my arse is fat and stuffed!

Last, but not least, I have a funny photo of Savannah to share. I know, I know, it's always about Savannah but she is quite the card. This is her "wha'chu talkin' 'bout, Willis?" pose:



Head cocked to the side, quizzical look, like she's saying "WTF?? Oh, nos yous don't!"

What I'm Cooking:
See above.

What I'm Listening To:
Yesterday, Christian music, old and new. My sis sent me one of those email questionnaires that asked what song I wanted played at my funeral which got me thinking, then listening, to hymns.

What I'm Reading:
Haven't had the time this weekend to work on my book.

What's On My Mind
How blessed I am to have a great husband, a great family, wonderful dogs, a good job, good health and wonderful friends.

Good night and happy Monday!

No comments: