Friday, May 09, 2008

Friday Free For All

T.G.I. freakin' F. Whew! Made it through another week. And even better, I think I am finally caught up at work. Now I have to strive to get AHEAD since vaca is coming up in about a month. Woo-hoo!

So today was a good day overall. The weather was bee-you-tee-full! I didn't do much--work, sushi lunch with a friend, work. Of course, Friday is our super smokin' hot grocery night--dinner out, tonight at the Waffle House (yes, again! OK, I LIKE the Waffle House. Hot, crispy waffles are very comforting. Esp. smothered in butter and hot syrup. See, I bet you want some right now!) followed by the trip to the local Publix. And, ok, here is my rant. Yes, I do believe groceries are up, folks. For years, we would spend around $90 per week on average. For the past several months, we cannot get under $100 to save our lives. Yes, maybe it's just $10, but multiplied times 52 weeks in a year, and that is $520 peeps. Sigh. Tell me, IS a change going come??

Plans for the remodel seem to have come to a grinding halt as my designer AND contractor appear to have fallen off the face of the earth. If I don't hear from somebody by Monday, a whole mess of hurt is going to happen.

Anywho, all of a sudden, I am a little stressed out because I have a plethora of freelance projects being cast my way. None of it is solid though which worries me it will either 1) all come due at one time or 2) all fall through. It's always that way though--feast or famine. In two weeks, I won't have a thing to do and I'll be wondering what happened.

So, on the medical front, the hubs has poison ivy. In four places. Picked it up Sunday when he was out in the yard. He can be within 10 yards of a plant and he gets it. I, on the other hand, have never had it. After telling him what a 'tard he was to be weeding near where he KNOWS there is a patch WITH NO GLOVES ON, I sprayed him down with ointment. Several years ago, he had it so bad, he had to have a cortisone shot and was almost hospitalized. It ain't to be trivalized, folks.

I was hoping for some cute pics of the girls to post but y'all remember Savannah's freaky thing about the camera??? Well, it makes it a little hard to take a candid of her, so no pics today.

What I'm Cooking:
No cooking tonight. No cooking tomorrow. But, again, lots planned for next week, so tune back in peeps!

What I'm Listening To:
For some reason, "Keep It Comin' Love" by KC and the Sunshine Band started playing in my head earlier, so now I am listening to it for reals. Yeah, I don't know either. But it IS quite a catchy little tune!

What I'm Reading:
Nada, peeps, nada.

What's On My Mind
I have two tonight:
1) The freakin' baggers at Publix cannot 'effin pack those damn green bags they sell!!! We have had several different baggers and they all stuff the damn bags TOO DAMN FULL so you can barely lift them!!! We have SIX DAMN BAGS and we wind up with all our groceries in like FOUR and breaking our arms from carrying them. I SWEAR TO THE LORD ABOVE, I WILL START PACKING MY OWN GROCERIES!!!!

2) It scares me how much hate people have in their hearts. On Grey's Anatomy last night, there was a man-on-man gay kiss. Personally, I thought it was kinda hot. Anyway, I was reading another blog today that mentioned the kiss and then read the comments, quite a few of which were disgusting, hateful and just simply scary. It just makes me sad for our world people cannot be more open-minded and open-hearted. God hates hate, peeps.

Busy weekend y'all so you may not hear from me for a few. Tomorrow, I have a pedi with Moms for her Mom's Day. My oldest nephew's b-day party tomorrow. Mom's day Sunday with the in-laws for lunch and my 'rents for din. Check in later, taters!

No comments: