Saturday, May 17, 2008

Catch Up Chat

Hello, y'all! Sorry to go AWOL for several days. It was one hella week. Honestly, I don't even remember Wednesday except I was probably running around stressing out about the rest of the week. See, on Thursday AND Friday, I had to go to ATL for work. So I had to IRON NICE CLOTHES and PUT ON MAKEUP and FIX MY HAIR and do all the professionally kinda stuff I don't have to do on regular work days since I work from home. Oh yeah, and wear DRESSY SHOES, which freakin' rubbed blisters on my heels. Birkenstocks don't rub blisters, dude.

Anyway, Wednesday night, I awoke at 1 a.m. with intestinal issues. That alone is probably TMI for most of you, however, to add to the info, it wasn't a one-time-and-get-over-it thing. No, no. It went on most of the night. So I had to move to the couch so I wouldn't bother the hubs and got, maybe, 5 hours of sleep. Didn't I feel fresh the next morning! Anyway, two Imodium and a packed extra pair of undies later, and I was off to ATL. And as soon as my meeting was over, I bolted home, where I had a magazine to proof, a grocery list to complete and some freelance work to do. And all I really wanted to do was crawl into bed and cry myself to sleep. Luckily, I got everything done and got into bed at a decent hour. But Luck is a bitch of a mistress, and at 2 p.m., our electric went out. For like 2 hours. It got hot. And it was too damn quiet. So another night of interrupted sleep. Woo-hoo.

So, I was off to ATL early the next morning, stopping at Micky D's on the way to purchase a gallon of iced coffee. Every had one of those? They are great. And MUCH cheaper than that other place.

Oh, let me take this opportunity to give props to my hubs. Bless his little heart, he cleaned the house pretty good on Thursday when I was running around and freaking out. He is a good little hubs. I loves him.

So, more meeting, blah blah. I actually got home early afternoon Friday but my arse was dragging. Really low, peeps. Rug burn low. Anywho, you know what Friday night is--eat out and groceries. So I kicked off work a little early (since I started early) and then the hubs and I went to Panera (try their new creamy tomato soup--YUM!) and to get groceries. Then I was in bed earlish and slept the clock around. I didn't get up until almost 9 a.m. today. It was hella awesome!

The hubs was off today and though we got a late start, we decided to go to a local nursery. What a great place! And cheap! We bought some beautiful lantana called Lemon Cream and tomatoes, cukes, squash and bell peppers. And more basil. And some other plants for color. Those were part of the hubs Dad's Day.

We came home and decided to nap. For two hours. Don't judge. I still had some catching up to do.

This afternoon/evening, we spent outside. It was simply lovely outside. 70 and sunny with a breeze. I planted my veggie garden and the hubs worked on various project. Check this out:


Above: 5 bell pepper plants--3 yellow and 2 red/green


Above: 8 pickling cuke plants and 2 cuke runners


Above: 10 tomatoes plants--Better Boy, Parks Whopper, Golden Boy, Cherokee Purple, Romas


Above: 3 straightneck yellow squash

Yeah, all you loved ones better be praying for good crops beacause you will benefit too. I obvs went a little overboard with tomatoes (and I totally forgot that I have like 8 more plant coming from 'effin Burpee. I mean, I hope they are coming because it has been FIVE WEEKS since I ordered the MFers. Seriously.) but I LOVE LOVE LOVE homegrown tomatoes. Fresh salsa. Fresh brushchetta. Drizzled with oil and sprinkled with basil. Yum. Yum. Yum.

What I'm Cooking:
Tonight, I grilled. The hubs gots us a replacement gas tank earlier in the week so we should be set for summer. Anywho, I rubbed down some steaks with garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper and served them up with those awesome Ore-Ida roasted potatoes and a tomato, cuke and Vidalia onion salad drizzled with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. We ate outside on the deck--it was SO nice.

What I'm Listening To:
Let My Love Open the Door by Pete Townsend. Which makes me think of the movie Dan in Real Life. I LOVE me some Steve Carrell. And I love that movie. I hope I might get it for my birthday (HINT, HINT, peeps)

What I'm Reading:
I got a new Cottage Living, Rachel Ray and about three other mags this week so I need to catch up with my periodical reading.

What's On My Mind
I was so happy to see that CA decided to allow gays to marry. I know it won't hold, but I wish it would and every state in America would follow suite.

Well, I am off to get a shower and watch our weekly movie--27 Dresses. Have a good one and I will try not to flake off for so long again anytime soon.

No comments: