Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The Cable's Not On & No One's Home

Ok, it's been a trying couple of days, dudes. Let's start with Sunday. I got up, piddled around the house, decided to do a little shopping then came home and worked on freelance work. Completed a couple of projects. Made pepperoni and mushrooms pizza for dinner with a tomato, onion and spring green salad. Pretty blah.

Sadly--well I say sadly now--I picked back up my book Sunday night to start reading again. You know, the book I had laid down over a week ago and had gotten a nice coat of dust. Anyway, for some reason, it hooked me in and I had to finish it! Now, I ain't saying this was a stellar piece of writing, but for some reason, it appealed that night so I stayed up PAST MIDNIGHT reading it. I know, I am crazy. Then, I guess because I passed my point of no sleep return, because I didn't sleep worth a toot the rest of the night.

Well, Monday started off ok. Hubs was off, decided to spend the day working in the yard. More on the fruits of his labor later. I was working for work. Lots to do--busy deadline week, holiday next week, blah, blah, blah. I made some egg salad for lunch with fresh dill off the herb garden on the deck. We ate outside and the weather was glorious.

Then, around 4 p.m., the hubs got frisky and decided to dig. And dig he did. Right through our cable line. Did I mention we have cable internet? Did I mention I work from home? Did I mention 85% of my work from home is done through cable internet? Yeah, not good. So, I was about furious. As I explained to him, I wasn't so mad at him as the situation. Well, not entirely true. I was pretty freakin' mad at him for a long while! Then, the cable company cannot promise me a repair time range but "within 24 hours." Well, let's see, 24 hours from now, I have to have a magazine completed so THAT'S NOT GOING TO WORK! So I have to plan to drive into ATL to work today. Joy.

So I am off to bed at 9:30 p.m.--after all, there is NOTHING ELSE TO DO. No Dancing with the Stars finale. No freelance work. NO BLOGGING. Nope, nope, nope. I felt like Laura Ingells Wilder, peeps. Sad how attached we are to technology.

I set the alarm for 6 a.m. hoping to get a jump on traffic and head to bed before the hubs. I am still pretty sore about the situation. Then, this morning, I open a eye and see sun. Sun is not up here before 6 a.m. I roll over and it is 6:35 a.m. The hubs turned off the alarm and did not wake me. I consider smothering him with his pillow. I jump out of bed in a tizz, leave the house 30 minutes later, and arrive at corporate headquarters at 8 a.m. The hubs calls at 8:45 and GUESS. THE. EFF. WHAT?? Yes, the cable company is at my house. And are done by 9. Well, SCREW ME. If I had stayed at home, I probably wouldn't be writing this because the assholes still would not have showed up.

Anyway, I leave at lunch, come home and find a gimpy dog. Actually, hubs warned me that Pepsi--yes, not the sickly one but the OTHER one--was gimping around badly. So I nurse on her and she is in obvious pain, so I make an appointment for her at the chiropractor. Yes, peeps, I found out from a good friend whose doggie had some recent spinal issues that there is a chiropractor near my home who works on animals and helped her doggie. I figured it was worth a try--the vet will just charge me an arm and a leg and want to give her drugs (yeah, I know they will because I already called them). Now I love my vet for the most part, but I thought maybe this was a good alternative to help the Pepster. I will let y'all know how that goes. PS, we have plied the Pep with aspirin and heating pad therapy so she is doing better now.

Anyway, I guess I am over being mad at the hubs though he IS paying for the cable repair when the bill comes. I will brag on him now by posting some photos of his work in our yard:






The clematis is simply stunning--hard to picture. I wish I had a shirt that shade of purple. The white iris also is very beautiful--again, hard to picture. The lantana is the lemon cream variety we bought on Saturday. The wagon is just a cute old metal wagon we use as a planter and I just like it! Our yard is super pretty. In a few weeks, when the daylilys are in, I will have to post photos of those. They are spectacular!

So, I am really tired peeps and am off to bed, but before I go:

What I'm Cooking:
OH. MY. LAWD. Tonight I made a new enchilada recipe and they were so AWESOME! Let me just say this--the recipe includes a whole block of cream cheese and a cup of heavy cream. Not for the lactose intolerant. But SO. FREAKIN'. GOOD., PEEPS! Unfortch, I didn't know how long they needed to cook and started a little late and since we were pretty hungry, so we polished off a bag of chips before they were done and were kinda full. But they were still great and will warm up even better I'm betting.

What I'm Listening To:
My computer hum. It's very lulling....zzzz...

What I'm Reading:
Believe it or not, I started a new book--another chick lit. I just cannot make myself face a heavy book right now. I have to be in the mood. But I have one on tap for when I am ready.

What's On My Mind
A coworker--her 6-year-old son has had a hard little life, including several organ transplants, and is in the hospital with internal bleeding. I know I think my life sucks but it is a sunshine lit bed of roses with dancing unicorns compared to hers right now. Please say a prayer for her family.

Good night!

No comments: