Monday, April 28, 2008

THANK GOD IT'S MONDAY!

OK, I know that is a weird title but this weekend SUCKED SO BAD that I was glad for the weekday to roll around. Sorry no post again yesterday but Saturday night WAS. NOT. GOOD. After Savannah had done OK most of the day, 'cept for the weird late afternoon gimpiness, we all went to bed around 11:30 p.m. Only to awaken around 1 p.m. to the sound of projectile poop. Yes, Savannah's diarrhea had returned. With a vengeance.

We again quarantined her in the bath but my "mom's ear" (you know, the semi-bionic ear that all women seem to have that can hear sickness or crying from miles away??) finally got the best of me, so I got up at 2 a.m. and moved to the couch. I figured at least the hubs could sleep. I spent the next 8 hours cleaning up poop and counting the minutes until I could leave to go to the vet (our vet is open on Sundays for emergency situations and boarding pick-up from 10 a.m. to noon). I was at the vet's at 10:01 a.m. and handed off the poor thing. Bless her heart--toward the end, she was so bad, she had rectal bleeding. Not fun.

Then, in the middle of all this dramz, Pepsi, the quiet one, throws up and, after a quick run outside, shows signs of stool distress. Lord, take me now! Luckily, Pepsi rebounds quickly from things so a Pepto and some poop meds from the vet and she seems much better today. Who know what happened to cause all this. I am thinking they picked up a doggie virus from the groomers on Friday.

So I had about MAYBE 2 hours of sleep so I felt AWESOME yesterday. I came home from the vet, took several headache pills and crashed for a couple of hours. The afternoon was spent on freelance work, then I made dinner (see below) and went to bed at 9 p.m. The hubs dragged my ass out of bed this morning at 7:45 a.m. and, let me tell you, I slept like the dead, which is fitting since I felt like death warmed over.

Anyway, today was work, errands, checking on Savannah. She is spending another night at the vet (cha-ching!) which really is fine by me since her "stool is not yet firm" said Dr. Vet. I guess I will have to check into how much kidneys are going for these days if this keeps up though.....ha. Please pray for my little dog--she is a sweetheart.

What I'm Cooking:
It's been all about Trader Joe's for the past two dinners. Last night was TJ chicken tenders, TJ mac and cheese and fresh frozen lima beans. I really wished I had biscuits but I couldn't talk the hubs in going out to get some. Tonight, we had TJ Mandarin Orange Chicken over white instant rice and TJ Organic Mixed Green Veggies. Easy peasy.

What I'm Listening To:
No music today but the sound of my sobs. Ha.

What I'm Reading:
I got a new Cooking Light today so I will probably be perusing that tonight before nodding off.

Hopefully, the dogter will come home tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how she is doing.

No comments: