Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday Sampler

OK, y'all, it was a fairly quiet day today and I cannot believe how fast it passed by! First, we slept in a little later than normal. Then, since it rained yesterday, we decided to spend some time in the yard this morning.

I know, I know, it is the Lord's day but let's hope He is OK with it since 1) we were beautifying His world, and 2) we didn't use any power equipment (For those of you who may not know, it is totally not OK to use yard tools/power equipment that makes loud noises on Sunday. No, I don't know who made up this rule, but it is one we abide by at our home.)

The hubs was able to turn over the soil in my vegetable garden for me Saturday evening, so I decided to finish it up. I put down newspaper as a weed barrier (This really works! An experienced gardener told me about it. Just lay down newspaper, wet it really well, and put mulch on top. The newspaper doesn't block water but does block sunlight and it disintegrates within a year.) The paper was a little frustrating because the breeze kept blowing it away, but I hauled about 8 or 9 wheelbarrow loads of our free wood chipper mulch around to the back of the house (trust me, this is not easy and I am sore). Look at my beautiful garden, all ready for planting!



The hubs cleaned out the pond. I cannot believe how much our yard has changed in one week--everything is in bloom! Here are two beautiful azaleas off our deck--I love the white one:



Anyway, the rest of the day was pretty quiet--a nap, dinner with the hub's boss and her hubs. (I may be doing some freelance work for her business.) Home and ready for bed. Lots going on this week so I will need the rest!

Have a good Monday!

No comments: