Tuesday, April 15, 2008

It's Only Tuesday???

Ok, folks, you know that I was burned out last night so I made the hubs take me out to dinner. At the Waffle House. Yum! Hot waffles, grits, a grilled and buttered biscuit and two cups of caffed java. So, then I was a little wired and couldn't go to sleep. Sigh.

We also went to Lowe's. Can I tell you how much I love me some Lowe's?? We bought some hen manure for the veggie garden which I am going to be working on this weekend and we talked to a salesman about doors and windows for our upcoming remodel. The remodel I already think of as the remodel from Hell. And we haven't even started. But that is an ongoing saga of its own.

This morning, I didn't drag my lazy arse out of bed until almost 8 a.m. Thank you, Jesus, for allowing me to work from home! Then it was work, work, work until I left to go have sushi lunch with a friend. I also ran by my optometrist to pick up some contacts. Can I tell you how much I love my optometrist?? He has saved my eyes from that freakin' idiot I used to go to. I wants to get me some RED frames but the ones I want are at Lenscrafters so I guess I will be getting a prescrip and going there--I do love my doc but he doesn't really have the most fashionable frames in stock.

Work, work, work this afternoon. Drank a big glass of wine and cooked dinner. Watched Biggest Loser finale and American Idol. Isn't my life SO exciting??? I am glad a woman won though--maybe I will be inspired to get my arse out of bed tomorrow to exercise.

What I'm Cooking:
More grilling tonight. I took the thin sliced pork loins I didn't cook last night and made up a marinade of the juice of half a lemon, lemon pepper, EVOO and some garlic paste. Threw it all in a Ziploc baggie and mooshed it around and let it sit for 30 minutes then threw the pork on the grill. While the pig was sizzlin', I popped some broccoli into one of those Ziploc steamer bags--those things are the bomb, baby!--and into the microwave and then warmed up some Country Crock mashed sweet potatoes. Served with more crusty French rolls. Yummers and super easy cleanup folks!

What I'm Listening To:
Today, while I was driving, I repeatedly listened to "Goodbye to You" by Michelle Branch. What a great song. So bittersweet--and I love me some bittersweet. And featured on a great episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

What I'm Reading:
Still haven't started that new book, but my mom gave me a Cooking Light annual cookbook today so I will probably peruse that tonight before I turn out the light.

Good night, y'all!

No comments: