Saturday, April 19, 2008

It's Another Saturday Night....

We woke up to cloudy, drizzly skies, which meant we should have stayed in bed, but we decided to try and make the best of the day by heading over to a town about an hour away to check out this building supply place our contractor told us about. We had looked it up online and it looked promising.

We got there and, y'all, this was like the ROSS of building supply centers. Leftovers, seconds and overstocks. There were probably some good deals, but places like that make my head hurt. It is overwhelming. In this case, it was literally aisle after aisle of doors and windows, in no particular order, stacked to a warehouse ceiling. We stayed about 20 minutes and left. I will just order my door from Lowe's and pay full retail, thank you. I, mean, I like a deal and I certainly enjoy saving money, esp. in this day and time, but searching through stores like that is sort of like work.

Anyway, we had a great lunch at this groovy little restaurant nearby then headed home, where we immediately crashed and took a long nap. We woke to sunny, beautiful skies. Crazy ass spring weather in Georgia. The hubs decided to go outside and do yard work while I stayed in and cleaned house. Yes, I would have rather been outside, but now all my weekend chores are done!

I cannot believe it is already 9 p.m. I am thinking about heading to bed with a book. I did start a book today--a fluff chick lit. I had a Jodi Picoult a friend lent me but, after this week, I just mentally wasn't up to it. I mean, her books are not really light reads.

If I wasn't so tired, I would feel sad that I was going to bed this early on Saturday night. Recently, Saturday night has been movie night at Casa Bunny. We started Netflix last year in the fall and it is great! From Thanksgiving to Christmas, we rented all holiday movies, new and old. Now, we are rewatching the Indiana Jones series in "preparation" for the new movie coming out. However, our shipping got messed up this week somehow and our return was delayed so we never got our new movie--Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. It was all those damn procrastinators and tax day!

What I'm Cooking:
I got back to cooking tonight! My husband suggested "Big Salad" earlier in the week, so that's what I prepared. Big Salad is simply that--a "restaurant-sized" entree salad. We eat them a lot in the summer. I make up combos and tonight was Southwest Big Salad. I piled up romaine lettuce and topped it with chopped cilantro and green onions. I topped that with rinsed black beans from the can and Trader Joe's corn and chili relish. I flattened some boneless chicken breasts and grilled them, brushing them with my made-up concoction of olive oil, the juice of two limes and Ms. Dash Southwest Chipolte seasoning. When they were done, I sliced them thin and placed them on the salad and topped with shredded Mexican cheese. For dressing, I mixed Hidden Valley Ranch Southwest ranch dressing with a little sour cream (to make it thicker and also cut the dressing a little because it is pretty spicy!). Served with Tostitos Multigrain chips (our favorites--so good!). I also topped mine with a Corona Light. :)

What I'm Listening To:
I was listening to the Eagles today--love me some classic rock!

What I'm Reading:
See above.

Oh, yeah, and I have a honking, big a$$ zit right on my upper left cheek! I have major acne issues--those really large, cystic, sore bumps. I cannot even go into all my problems with acne but suffice to say that I am OVER it right now!

Anyway, see you taters later! Good night!

No comments: