Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Hump Day Holla

Peeps! The pup is home. Actually, she came home yesterday. I will have to share the saga. I called the vet office around 11 a.m. and got the good news--solid pooping! ready to come home!

I go to pick her up around 1 p.m. and the vet office is chaotic. Six Jack Russells, a fat black Lab with a chain smoking, redneck mother, and a pitiful little old man with a caterwauling cat. I could hardly think. Luckily, the damage was not as bad as thought (only $200 rather than $300! whee!).

Things go downhill from there. As soon as we get in the vehicle, Savannah pees in my passenger seat. I mean, pees a river. Did they not take the damn dog out?? Jeez. Savannah WILL NOT pee inside. Unless she is sick. That's how we found out she had diabetes. She started peeing inside which was very NOT normal. Anyway, then, a mile from the vet office, I realize I forgot her bag of stuff I took with me on Sunday so I have to turn around and go back. And I forget to talk to the vet about what we should be doing. Sigh.

Anyway, we get home and Savannah seems at about 50%--very droopy and weird acting. Which sort of scares me. So I call the vet. Which I needed to do anyway since I never talked to her about what we ought to be doing about Savannah's home care. The vet says it may just take Savannah a day or so to get back to par. I, mean, she was pretty weak and sick and no insulin for two days and I bet they didn't give her the daily dose of doggie Xanax either. Good news is that now I would say she is back to around 85% but still a little slow. Here's what the girls have to say about the whole situation:


I AM POOPED FROM POOPING, Y'ALL-Savannah


SCREW THAT DIVA. SHE'S SUCH A DRAMA QUEEN. I'M OVER HER.-Pepsi

Yesterday evening, I went to dinner with a friend. We were going to go to Cracker Barrel, but decided to go elsewhere--elsewhere with alcohol! I damn well needed a stiff one or three. That's why no blogging last night.

I didn't sleep a good wink last night because I kept worrying about the dog, listening for her to be in distress. I HAVE GOT TO STOP THIS! I am taking years off my life worrying about her all the damn time. The hubs never seems to worry about a damn thing. I asked him how he does it. He said, "I can't tell you." Can someone give me a Y chromosome please???

Anyway, today was spent watching over the dog, working, going to a meeting for the non-profit I volunteer for. I am co-chairing their annual fundraising dinner. That will be an interesting tale over the coming months.

What I'm Cooking:
More grilling today. Sirloin steaks with my EVOO, lemon and garlic baste with Simply Potatoes mashed sweet potatoes; an arugala, spring mix, strawberry, pecan and gorgonzola salad with EVOO and white balsamic vingrette dressing; and the good crusty French rolls. This is becoming a favorite meal.

What I'm Listening To:
Live in Philadelphia with John Legend. He is a smooth mo-effer.

What I'm Reading:
Sigh. Maybe I can start another book this weekend.

Well, I am off to bed. I am going to have a big glass of wine or a Tylenol PM or both and, hopefully, sleep much better tonight. The weather hear has been so nice and the nights cool. Ciao!

No comments: