Friday, April 25, 2008

8 Months Until Christmas!

Woo-hoo, y'all! Today it is ONLY 8 MONTHS until Christmas Day! Actually, my Rain Main hubs pointed this out to me earlier this evening. I simply asked the date, and he said "April 25th, 8 months until Christmas." Thanks, Raymond.

Sorry I missed posting yesterday. Here's how it went down. I was attempting to make a menu for the coming week and started searching for new Mexican recipes online. That got me to craving Mexican cuisine, which I seriously can, and HAVE, eaten 3 or 4 times a week. Cheap Mexican (those little local joint with "El" in the name where everything costs $6.95), Tex-Mex, homemade Mex, whatevers, I love it all.

So then I talked the hubs into going out for cheap Mexican. Then, when we got there, I decided to have a margarita. A big one. A double. Now, I have a glass of wine here, a beer there, a simple cocktail before dinner. But I cannot tell you the last time I had tequila. And I cannot tell you how STRONG this restaurant makes their margaritas. I think my lips were numb by the time I finished. Needless to say, I was in no shape to do anything but come home and crash on the couch and watch Ugly Betty and Grey's Anatomy then roll my ass to bed.

Let me now tell you how I have spent $300 in two days on our dogs. Yesterday, I had to take Savannah for blood curves (did I mention she was diabetic?) and her annual shots and today, both the girls had grooms. Ouch. I try not to group big expenditures but it sort of happened that way this time. Tell me if this was worth some of that money. Here is the before:



Here is the after:



I know, she's freakin' cute either way, right?!? The hubs says we'd spend more money on kiddos--really, I cannot imagine. So the past two days have been carting around the girls to appointments, working and then, this afternoon, we went to a window and door showroom to look at options for the remodel. It was quite educational. I won't bore you with the details, but suffice to say the door we were in love with we saw in person and hated, and the windows we wanted but didn't think we could afford are more affordable than we thought. Onward and upward.

So anyway, I better sign off. I have a FULL weekend--groceries, Walmart, clean out my closet. I know you are all busting with envy.

What I'm Cooking:
Not a damn thing. We went out again tonight. But check back soon--I have some good stuff planned for the week ahead including several new menus and a new recipe.

What I'm Listening To:
I am in love with Lizz Wright, an incredibly talented R&B/jazz singer from Atlanta. Her voice is like butter. Real butter on a hot, crusty roll. On her new album, The Orchid, she has THE MOST AWESOME cover of Thank You by Led Zeppelin. And I LOVE her album, Dreaming Wide Awake. Highly recommend. I am still kicking my arse because she was in ATL last spring playing with the ATL Symphony and I didn't go.

What I'm Reading:
I will probably start a new book this weekend. Will have to see what I am in the mood for when I choose.

Later taters! Raymond just up and decided to make a chocolate cake (did I tell you my husband is a baker??) and it beckons.

No comments: